NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Itchy ******.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/171655-itchy.html)

SallyC 06-16-2012 09:33 AM

Itchy ******....

Not just a little tickle itch that you can scratch and be done with it. Nooooooo, it has to be under the skin, where you cannot reach it...Eeeeeeek....My nerves are itching!!!

I try different topical ointments, creams and they work for awhile, but not a permanent remedy, by any means. If one of these itches start at bedtime, might as well forget sleep..:mad:

It could just be my hands or a place between my fingers that I can't seem to get to or someplace on my back, always unreachable.

Does anyone know of a magic lotion, other than the usual carp I've used?

:hissyfit: :Help:

aussiemom 06-16-2012 10:54 AM

Please don't fall off your chair laughing, I promise this works!!!!!

Anusol. It's really for hemrrroids, but I've used it on bug bites, and it works.

Hey, if it can make your bum stop itching, why wouldn't it work else where?

lefthanded 06-16-2012 11:52 AM

Benadryl. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it just helps me fall asleep.

Aarcyn 06-16-2012 12:09 PM

here is a crazy thought...do you have a vibrator? I am thinking it might confuse the itching sensation...it might stimulate the area and soothe the bugs within.

Mariel 06-16-2012 12:26 PM

I use Zyrtec (generic, much less expensive), which is an antihistimine. It causes less sleepiness than Bendryl. Since I itch over a wide area it would be too much to use Anusol .
I use several thick lotions from the health store, to avoid the sodium Lauryl sulfate in ALL ointments I saw at my supermarket. I also use a humidifier in dry weather, which is now.
If I still can't sleep, Ginger tea is sometimes the anwer.
Aubrey lotion is my favorite. I buy it in quantity, too expensive but it's a necessity.
Also Health Sciences skin lotion is a help, comes in SPF 15 for daytime use. I avoid perfumes but you might not need to. I can use Lavender or Ginger perfumes.

kicker 06-16-2012 12:28 PM

Benedryl was my first thought to try.

Aarcyn 06-17-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aarcyn (Post 889316)
here is a crazy thought...do you have a vibrator? I am thinking it might confuse the itching sensation...it might stimulate the area and soothe the bugs within.

Just a continuation of my idea...

check into one of those motels with a vibrating bed. It will only cost 25 cents a buzz!;):p:D

I know, I know...I am not being helpful!:D

kicker 06-17-2012 02:22 PM

At the risk of being boring, I still say Benedryl.

jprinz99 06-18-2012 08:44 AM

I find a really hard smack (the kind that stings and leaves a red mark) to the itchy zone sometimes gives me relief. I also have frozen the dickens out of my skin with ice- till it is so cold it practically is a cold burning sensation. Somehow I think it numbs the nerves that are acting up.

of course, my DH thinks giving me an "Indian burn" helps - all it does it make me madder that a snake!:mad:

Debbie D 06-18-2012 09:12 AM

I don't have any better suggestion...just my mind thinking of SalPal on a vibrating bed...