NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Just don't know anymore! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/171665-dont-anymore.html)

sunshine_13 06-16-2012 12:30 PM

Just don't know anymore!

I give up.

I don't know how to deal with this.
I have always been strong enough to deal with things i cannot change but this is different... this is deeper than just physical pain.
How do you guys deal with the depression?
Knowing that we are not normal, knowing that we pretty much come with instructions?

I am alone battling this, and i'm tired.

I'm tired of working two jobs to pay bills, i'm tired of feeling useless.
I lost my fiancee because of MG, even though he never said that was the reason i know it. he's active, always on the move, and i'm... well, sick!

If i'm tired and lay down for a while i get up feeling WORSE. the muscle stiffness increases by 100%.
I have to constantly be on the move or i crash... but I'm TIRED.
Sleep never comes, and when it does i am filled with nightmares!
Crying helps...

i wish i knew someone else with MG, just to give them a big hug.
to hug someone who knows EXACTLY what i'm going through would be helpful...
I'm sorry for this... i just needed to vent!
:(

suev 06-16-2012 05:59 PM

I'm very glad you came here to vent. It is something we all need to do from time to time ...and are so much better off for having done so.

It is the adjustments in our lives that are the most challenging...that and the reality that so few people can really ever understand what MG'ers deal with most every day.

I am sorry you don't have a support network - - it makes it extra challenging. But for what it is worth, you will ALWAYS have a virtual support group here. Never hesitate to either vent or chat here!

wbdolphin 06-16-2012 06:26 PM

Sunshine - where in Florida are you?

Brennan068 06-16-2012 07:10 PM

Vent away! Hopefully a virtual hug can help, know that people out here understand. :hug:

Shari_W 06-16-2012 07:12 PM

Sunshine :hug:
I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now. We do understand and as Sue has said you can always come here to vent. Sometimes it's just good to get it out one way or another. Just typing the words makes you feel somewhat better because everyone needs to release the turmoil inside.

For what it's worth, we never get over having MG but as time progresses you will accept it more and learn how to live with it. You'll adjust to your "new normal" in due time. It's hard and there are still frustrating days but with each new challange that you face, you'll begin to remember the olds ones that you made it through. If you did it before, then you can and will do it again :) This too shall pass :hug:

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Shari

sunshine_13 06-16-2012 09:25 PM

Thank you everyone...

Just knowing that someone else understands me is a great feeling!

I don't know what else to say except THANK YOU!!! :grouphug:

sunshine_13 06-16-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbdolphin (Post 889403)
Sunshine - where in Florida are you?

i live in fort myers. do you also live in florida?

Isn't this heat awful?

wbdolphin 06-17-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine_13 (Post 889442)

Isn't this heat awful?

I'm in Orlando - wish I was closer so we could meet and have more than one attendee at our pity parties. I am 6 months post diagnosis/thymectomy and although MG symptom-wise I'm doing great, I'm "battling" the depression/why me also. I just keep on telling myself it's only been 6 months, things will get better as the year goes on.

Yes, it's been hot, and it's going to get hotter, I just have to remember that I hate the cold weather.

Icrad1 06-17-2012 07:05 AM

Hey Sunshine...I have a place down on Sanibel...and am planning to come down there this summer for some time...maybe we can meet somewhere and chat in person, then we BOTH will have met someone in person with this terrible disease!!!

Darci from Chicago

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine_13 (Post 889442)

Isn't this heat awful?

Shari_W 06-17-2012 01:27 PM

I hope you two can meet up. That would be wonderful! :D