NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   Got my Cervical Epidural today (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/171840-cervical-epidural.html)

Sarayuwx 06-19-2012 10:26 PM

Got my Cervical Epidural today

Man am I sore.

I was given the injection just below C7 (I'm thinking) all went well, no freak side effects, just soreness and achey all over which is how I usually react anytime I get a steroid shot anyway. I find it very interesting to report that I now have a new Dr (same practice apparently my OSS has sent me to the spinal rehab/ pain management dr who I met today and who did my epidural. While I like my surgeon, I really like this guy who explained my MRI and EMG results more more in detail than I have gotten before, and his goal is to spearhead the issues causing the pain so that I can enjoy doing all the crazy activities that I did before all this happened to begin with without having to pop pills every few days.
So we shall see. I left this afternoon feeling like I am in good hands. now let's pray this thing works :)

Dr. Smith 06-19-2012 11:27 PM

Best Wishes

Hang in there - We're pluggin' for ya. ;)

Doc

Leesa 06-20-2012 07:15 AM

I sure hope it works for you! ;) I never had any luck with them, but lots of folks have great luck. I hope you're one of them! :D Please let us know, will you?

Best of luck, and I'll look for an update from you. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee ;)

Sarayuwx 06-22-2012 10:49 AM

So far so good y'all. On day three and blissfully pain free. thank GOD! I sure hope this lasts a while. I am beginning to feel a lot more like myself again, and simple tasks don't seem so dreadful. I am taking it somewhat easy and limiting myself, but even in doing that, I have gotten more done in 4 hours over 2 days than in the last 6 months.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have promised my kids that if we make our goal by this afternoon, I will take them to see Madagascar 3 at the drive in theater. :)

Dr. Smith 06-22-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarayuwx (Post 890954)
I am taking it somewhat easy and limiting myself,

That's what I was going to suggest. I don't know if overdoing could "undo" what the injection has done, but not worth tempting fate! One day at a time in easy steps. ;)

Quote:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have promised my kids that if we make our goal by this afternoon, I will take them to see Madagascar 3 at the drive in theater. :)
You still HAVE one I wasn't sure there were any left. Hope you all enjoy it while it's still here.

I just checked google, and there ARE some left (even 2 within 50 miles of me), but they are disappearing fast. Worth googling and kids learning about this fading bit of Americana...

Doc

mrsalkire 06-22-2012 11:11 AM

yay!!!!

So glad you got some relief!!! Very good news! Thank you for posting this! They rescheduled mine for next week. Praying I have as much relief as you. Enjoy your new found freedom with your kids! I love the drive in... We still have one here as well.;):D

Leesa 06-24-2012 06:49 AM

I'm SOOO glad you got relief! That is such good news! Please keep us updated on how you're doing, ok? How was the movie, by the way? Hugs, Lee

Sarayuwx 06-28-2012 07:10 PM

Guys and gals,

The movie was soooo cute! If you are into kids movies like I am, this one is a good one. I doubt there will be a part 4 though, I just LOVE Melman! I will def be returning to the drive in movie, when it cools down some. Lots of good southern fun!

Still doing well, for the most part, some of the acheyness has returned as well as a strange popping sound and sensation. Nothing that a little Aleve cant fix though, thank GOD! Wonder what that is all about?
mrs alkerie, have you had your epi yet?

mrsalkire 06-28-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarayuwx (Post 892635)
Guys and gals,

The movie was soooo cute! If you are into kids movies like I am, this one is a good one. I doubt there will be a part 4 though, I just LOVE Melman! I will def be returning to the drive in movie, when it cools down some. Lots of good southern fun!

Still doing well, for the most part, some of the acheyness has returned as well as a strange popping sound and sensation. Nothing that a little Aleve cant fix though, thank GOD! Wonder what that is all about?

Im soooo happy for you!!!!!! yes I posted it somewhere you answered me lol

mrsalkire 06-28-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarayuwx (Post 892635)
Guys and gals,

And I LOVE the kid movies I was also excited you got to go see it!!!