NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   questions about ssdi (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/172068-questions-ssdi.html)

bgt1121 06-23-2012 04:34 AM

questions about ssdi

Good Morning
I got a call from my lawyer yesterday to say my case had been pulled for review and we don't have to wait for a hearing and we have 25 days to submit any new records.I am not sure what to think. My lawyer said this can be a good thing.She said the 2 RCF s i submitted would be a big help and that was just about 6 -8 weeks ago. Has anyone else ever been through this. I was told that they do this so the backlog for a hearing can be cut short.I would love to hear what other have to say about this
Thank You
Brenda

Janke 06-23-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgt1121 (Post 891131)
Good Morning
I got a call from my lawyer yesterday to say my case had been pulled for review and we don't have to wait for a hearing and we have 25 days to submit any new records.I am not sure what to think. My lawyer said this can be a good thing.She said the 2 RCF s i submitted would be a big help and that was just about 6 -8 weeks ago. Has anyone else ever been through this. I was told that they do this so the backlog for a hearing can be cut short.I would love to hear what other have to say about this
Thank You
Brenda

I suggest listening to your lawyer who knows the specifics of your case. Anecdotal stories may have nothing to do with you.

bgt1121 06-23-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janke (Post 891172)
I suggest listening to your lawyer who knows the specifics of your case. Anecdotal stories may have nothing to do with you.

thank you i plan to

finz 06-24-2012 09:05 PM

I hope things go smoothly for you, bgt

bretd 06-25-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgt1121 (Post 891131)
Good Morning
Thank You
Brenda

It sounds pretty good, I hope it turns out well. I have been in this fight for almost four years.

Shari_W 06-28-2012 12:07 AM

Praying for good news and an approval for you bgt1121 :)

Also praying for you too bredt. The years of fighting SSDI for your approval and waiting doesn't make it any better on us when we are already ill enough as it is.

Hang in there :hug:

Shari

don1956 06-28-2012 01:09 PM

any additional info is always valuable it helped me. "big time":wink:

ginnie 06-28-2012 04:40 PM

Hi Bgt

Ask your lawyer, if you can submit anything more toward this process. My doctor submitted a personal letter, and that helped determine my case. Just an idea. I wish you all the best. ginnie

don1956 06-28-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginnie (Post 892584)
Ask your lawyer, if you can submit anything more toward this process. My doctor submitted a personal letter, and that helped determine my case. Just an idea. I wish you all the best. ginnie

that is exactly what i did!i get a call from him to go back down to the "SS"office and reapply...got approved right there in there office:eek:

bgt1121 06-28-2012 10:18 PM

Both my GP and my neuro sent in RFC forms. My said let me see what your neuro said and i will go along with it because it is true. SO i am praying that has helped.I do do want to thank every one for their prayers and good wishes brendt i will pray that your stuff begins to move in the right direction because having to wait really adds stress to an already stressful life.Brenda