NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   Books: 50 shades of grey (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/172114-50-shades-grey.html)

bretd 06-24-2012 10:29 AM

50 shades of grey

My wife started reading 50 shades of gray, anyone else reading it. She is addicted. I recommend it if anyone wants to improve their love life.:D

giddik 07-05-2012 08:39 PM

50 shades

Quote:

Originally Posted by bretd (Post 891394)
My wife started reading 50 shades of gray, anyone else reading it. She is addicted. I recommend it if anyone wants to improve their love life.:D

Yes...started book 1 saturday and finished today. Just started on book 2 this afternoon!! And yes, my hubbie agrees with your last comment!!:)

Kitt 07-06-2012 08:59 AM

Planned to get it when I first heard about it. One of these days.

misty1059 07-08-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitt (Post 894902)
Planned to get it when I first heard about it. One of these days.

I started it Saturday and only at page 15,but seems good..:p

Debbie D 07-10-2012 10:57 AM

I almost laughed out loud at the poor writing...
and I was sickened by the sex scenes...I deleted it from my ebook after the first few chapters.
I've got much better scenes in my addled brain:rolleyes:

Kitt 07-10-2012 08:13 PM

50 Shades of Grey

I've tried to get the book but so far no luck. I didn't realize that there is a second and a third one. I guess you can buy all three of them at once.

At the present time I am finally reading "In An Instant" by Lee and Bob Woodruff. I have had the book for quite some time and I am really enjoying it as it tells how they met and all the rest including that awful stuff that happened to him while reporting. Anyway, I am enjoying it. :)

Lara 07-14-2012 11:06 AM

I think it's the most bizarre media hype I've heard about in months.

Great marketing strategies I guess?!?. Next it's a movie??? Say what?

Money money money:p

HeadHurts 07-28-2012 01:31 AM

This movie will have to be xxx rated... Wife started the book was shocked by them and though the guy seemed like a real jerk

Kitt 07-28-2012 09:04 AM

I finally got the book, in fact all three. I figured if I was going to spend the money I might as well get the trilogy and save some $$. Just started the first one. Planning to read them all even if I don't care that much for them.

I'm thinking a good Harlequin romance novel would be better at least ones I have read in the past. Even a gal I know said that.

ThickNick 07-28-2012 02:05 PM

Today is the single greatest time to be a single male in the history of America! This is because 50 Shades of Grey and Majic Mike are the top selling entertainment features in their respective genre.