NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Sub-Concussive Impact? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/172131-sub-concussive-impact.html)

SpaceCadet 06-24-2012 09:33 PM

Sub-Concussive Impact?

I was struck in the head by my ex-girlfriend/son's mother today. It wasn't that hard of a blow, but I'm all sorts of messed up. I was already having the worst week ever (which is weird cuz before this week I had the best week ever). Now, my whole personality has changed. My expressive speech, word finding, sentence finding and just everything else is sooooo messed up. I went to visit an old friend today after the incident. He asked if I wanted to crash at his pad...well, after a couple hours of hanging out, he started acting weird towards me. Now, he's asking to take me home. I asked him if it had anything to do with the brain injury stuff...and he said not really. When I asked if I seemed any different he immediately said yeah, that I'm not as outgoing and I'm struggling a lot with speech.

:(...Before, nobody could even tell I had a brain injury. Now its written all over my face.

I just want to die right now.

Mark in Idaho 06-25-2012 06:38 PM

Nick,

The impact could have just put you in a bad way for a bit. You need to rest somewhere secure. An old friends house is not the best. he does not know you history.

Try to find a way to rest it off.

btw, I have had some of those odd slurred speech moments. Once I was on the phone with my wife and she told me to hang up and call 911. She said I was slurring my speech. Even though the paramedics could see a problem with my speech, after a bit of oxygen and a ride to the ER, I was fine.

Be sure you are well hydrated with nutrients. Maybe you should have a bottle of Gatorade available for such times.

Did Tara hit you in anger?

Has any doctor ever done any metabolic testing? Some injured brains can struggle to get energy from fats once the available proteins and carbs are used up. MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides) A simple way to check this would be with a blood sugar meter. If you get spacey and your blood sugar is low, you may be struggling to get energy for your brain. Just a wild thought. Not something to worry about.

My best to you.

xxxxcrystalxxxx 06-26-2012 05:57 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. This happens to me as well. A couple of weeks ago I slipped and landed hard on my bottom. The next day I was emotionally unstable and couldn't even tell you the day. My husband and my friend were worried about me. It took three days of REST until I felt better.

It's a hard emotional physical roller coaster but like Mark said it will get better. Hang in there my friend.

Dolfinwolf 06-26-2012 07:12 AM

I'm sorry this happened too. I hope that you can rest and that it gets better for you...I wish she didn't whack you in the head... keep us updated on how you are doing!:hug: