NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Muscle twitching (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/172170-muscle-twitching.html)

Sallysblooms 06-25-2012 02:02 PM

Muscle twitching

Friday eve. I started having muscle twitching. I think it is because we had been out of town talking to the builder about the house we are building. It is hot, I didn't spend much time outside, but I did get hot and I drank much less than I do at home.

My right hand twitched some (fingers) and here and there all over. This happened when I had surgery (Hyster.) Both times I made sure I got more Potassium, calcium, Mag.

I am on 400 mg. of Mag. Citrate twice a day. Potassium citrate also. Both and all supplements are guided by my doctors.

I guess the water/heat was the only difference. It is almost gone after two or three days. I like drinking lemon water and drinking G2 also. I do get my nutrients from a healthful diet.

Is there anything else that could help? I saw the other thread so I thought I would ask. I think since I have POTS and CFS I get off balance with minerals in the heat.

lindsayjane 06-27-2012 05:23 PM

I get muscle twitching sometimes too. I'm not sure what kind of natural remedies there are for it.

mrsD 06-27-2012 06:11 PM

I would try some magnesium lotion. It works for me very well.

Sallysblooms 06-27-2012 06:43 PM

I just talked to my CFS doctor on the phone. She said everything I am doing is good, and my carniclear should help. OOPS! I told her I had stopped taking it! I thought it was giving me too much energy, that and Benfortiame, so I stopped for a while. She said take a little less if I want but keep taking it!

She said it might also be dehydration which I figured and also since I am much more active since I am so much better, it could be lactic acid.

Yes, I am taking mag. twice a day. 400mg each scoop of powder. I would NEVER stop that. :D

stagger 06-28-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sallysblooms (Post 891732)
Friday eve. I started having muscle twitching. I think it is because we had been out of town talking to the builder about the house we are building. It is hot, I didn't spend much time outside, but I did get hot and I drank much less than I do at home.

My right hand twitched some (fingers) and here and there all over. This happened when I had surgery (Hyster.) Both times I made sure I got more Potassium, calcium, Mag.

I am on 400 mg. of Mag. Citrate twice a day. Potassium citrate also. Both and all supplements are guided by my doctors.

I guess the water/heat was the only difference. It is almost gone after two or three days. I like drinking lemon water and drinking G2 also. I do get my nutrients from a healthful diet.

Is there anything else that could help? I saw the other thread so I thought I would ask. I think since I have POTS and CFS I get off balance with minerals in the heat.

If you have PN I hope your house is only a 1 floor style. I'm in bed or on a powerchair and being in a 1 floor sure helps a lot.-

mrsD 06-28-2012 08:24 AM

Also twitching can be a sign of low blood sugar.

If it only occurs near a needed meal time, or fasting overnight, I'd look at a snack. I've read that 70% of people with low blood sugars attacks have twitching muscles at some point.

Sallysblooms 06-28-2012 11:59 AM

Thanks Stagger. I do have Autonomic Neuropathy (Dysautonomia/POTS) and PN, but they are improving daily. We only buy one story homes. I love one stories all spread out with very high ceilings. We are actually building a new home, another one story.

Mrs D thanks. You never know, that is a possibilty for sure. Since it started after I was in the heat a bit, traveling, drinking less than normal AND I had stopped my Carniclear, I think it all affected me. Blood sugar is important though! Thanks.:)

Dr. Smith 06-28-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagger (Post 892451)
If you have PN I hope your house is only a 1 floor style. I'm in bed or on a powerchair and being in a 1 floor sure helps a lot.-

We're in the process of trying to relocate to one floor, and less severe weather. (The Jupiter 2, if anyone recalls, is two stories, and that clumsy clanking collection of condensers keeps hogging the elevator, and these cosmic storms can be killers!)

We're hoping for a planet with a more desert-like climate -- something like Earth's American Southwest... :D

Doc

duarte1985 06-29-2012 10:55 PM

Can't trust my doctors

I think I need a new neurological he told me my leg and feet twiching are a sign of progression. Meantime the surgeon cancelled twice (scheduling) and the neurological says their is nothing else he can do.

Sallysblooms 06-29-2012 11:07 PM

Can't hurt to try simple things to possibly help. Many doctors sadly have no idea how supplements can help.