NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   TV: Anyone watching Longmire this summer? (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/172355-watching-longmire-summer.html)

mrsD 06-28-2012 05:26 PM

Anyone watching Longmire this summer?

I found this show by accident one night ( a rerun at 2am) and
really liked it.

It is onDemand from A & E on cable too.

I rather like Robert Taylor who plays the Sheriff, Walt Longmire.
Finally a rugged guy I can relate to at my age! ;) :p :o

All the cast is great, good writing, good direction, and outdoor locations enjoyable to watch. And, oh.... Longmire does NOT have a cell phone either! LOL A nice western for a change.

Episode 3 is rather a tear jerker... horses...and sadness...so have the Kleenex handy.

giddik 07-05-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 892603)
I found this show by accident one night ( a rerun at 2am)
Episode 3 is rather a tear jerker... horses...and sadness...so have the Kleenex handy.

OH MY!!! Yes, I started watching it, too!!! It is a great show. And yes, I cried on episode 3!!

jprinz99 07-23-2012 10:09 AM

my husband and I love the show. Finally something we can both enjoy (and it's not like all the reality show garbage...)

we have the DVR programed to record whole season to make sure we don't miss an episode

mrsD 07-23-2012 10:39 AM

Oh, I am glad to see some others watching now too! The show is gaining momentum.

Last night's episode was fantastic.

I follow it on IMDB and it appears to have been renewed for next season! YAYYY!

I'll miss the last two episodes though with our long trip...DANG!

SallyC 07-25-2012 11:23 PM

ME TOO...Love it!

mrsD 05-25-2013 12:18 PM

Season two begins.... Monday night.

Longmire is back. First episode in Monday night on A &E...
check your area for time. (May 27th according to IMDB)

I love this show. ;)

Kitty 05-26-2013 04:06 PM

I just saw it advertised to begin Monday night on A&E. I'm planning to watch it.

mrsD 05-26-2013 04:25 PM

If you haven't seen the first season, they are rerunning it this weekend, and also on OnDemand on cable which ends on 5-27.

There is a story line they will be continuing this season, that started last season.

I really love this show. It is slow moving, very human, and I like Robert Taylor very much. It has been a long time since I found a "hero" type to enjoy on TV. So while there IS a crime to work out, and solve each episode, the method is very subtle and different from other current TV shows. It reminds me of the author, Tony Hillerman, who wrote American Indian crime stories in a similar manner. Hubby and I have read all his books, over the years, and now sadly he has passed away.

I am so glad they renewed the series for this season, as it started off very slowly.

Flightofbees 06-05-2013 03:59 PM

yeah watched it last year pretty good show...liked the ending with the guy getting handled up on by the mire in the basement
better than most shows out there

mrsD 06-05-2013 04:49 PM

So far the first two this 2nd season are very very good.

The first one started the season off with a "bang"...!