NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   13 Months Later... 100% cured back to Gym and normal life (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/172502-13-months-100-cured-gym-normal-life.html)

hellothere 07-01-2012 07:35 PM

13 Months Later... 100% cured back to Gym and normal life

HI,

Just thoguht id write in to let people know that i have made a full recovery and my days are now symptom and pain free :) Its been this way for the past 4 months now and i know its not coming back.

I have resumed my gym activities like before and everything is going sweet.

Thought id jsut post this to let people know that TOS isnt a life time curse like i thought it was and alot of people on this thread seem to think it is.

nospam 07-01-2012 07:50 PM

How did you get to this point? PT? Surgery? How long ago?

All cases of TOS are not the same so some details of yours would be helpful.

hellothere 07-01-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nospam (Post 893487)
How did you get to this point? PT? Surgery? How long ago?

All cases of TOS are not the same so some details of yours would be helpful.

PT for about 13 - 14 months in total

For me it was a matter of getting the serratus anterior to start activating again and the Lower trap. Once i got that down part symptoms and pain starting dissapearing fast.

Also , once the nerves are stirred up and Damaged it can take up to 12 months for them to heal depending on how bad the damage is , so thats why the pain remains for so long.

Coop42 07-01-2012 08:28 PM

Wow, that's awesome! It's good to hear a success story once in awhile. Especially when you didn't require surgery.

heybro 07-02-2012 12:57 AM

what kind of PT and how did you find the PT?

what kind of doctor or anyone else did you go to?

what were you experiencing symptoms?

thank you!

nukenurse 07-02-2012 10:23 PM

Please share how you got the serratus ant and lower traps working properly. Thanks.

Limoges 07-02-2012 11:50 PM

I'm so glad you've gotten relief! It's wonderful to hear stories of successful outcomes.

jkl626 07-03-2012 11:30 AM

This is great to hear. I too am having about 70 percent relief due to physical therapy in all my shoulder and upper back muscles. Now I have to concentrate on my nerve issues in my arm and hand. Also strengthening, and preventing recurrance and going back to work are my goals. Even being on the computer for a few minutes exacerbates my symptoms.

After a year of trying many pts and injections and chiro and acupunture, The trick was Rib and joint mobilization to get my first rib to stay down by Dr. Ando. andoastonphysicaltherapy.com.They also do soft tissue mobilization and I have to do the stretching and strengthening everyday.

Hello, 100 percent is amazing- Please share what worked for you

hellothere 07-04-2012 05:48 AM

Well it wasnt Just one thing that did it, It was a very pain staking and long process that took 14 months as i said.

I am lucky enough that i found PTs that actually know wat there talking about.

I live in australia though so if ur in america which i assume most of u are, o cant help you to mcuh

Anne4tos 07-04-2012 11:49 AM

Even though your from Australia, please share! My PT is gone for the rest of the summer traveling and I'm being sent to a PT who specializes in some "Australian Method" in her absence. I'd be interested to know what type of things you did.