NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Chicago area Get-Together? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/172902-chicago.html)

Sparky10 07-08-2012 02:11 PM

Chicago area Get-Together?

Chicago area is a really big area, I know! I'll be in a NW suburb (Cary) from July 29 until about August 1st or 2nd. The 29th, Sunday, is taken up but anyone who wants to meet up for lunch or dinner any of the other days, shoot me a PM!

I'd love to meet some Board Buddies!

Sparky10 07-08-2012 03:17 PM

Duh, I forgot to mention I'm going to visit my bestest friend, Beckyr! She'll be with me and we (she) can drive to just about anywhere around the area.

doydie 07-08-2012 07:37 PM

This is what I should do!!!!!! But I think I'll stay down here in southwestern Indiana. Chicago is to big for me and I sure couldn't get there and get around by myself.

Sparky10 07-08-2012 09:18 PM

It could be an adventure, doydie! Two times I drove to Houston from Mississippi to meet up with some Board Buddies there. Freeinhou tried to give me the NASA tour but I was too hung over! :icon_frown:

ewizabeth 07-08-2012 10:49 PM

When I get my work schedule for that week I'll let you know. I go to the city with my big sis this coming weekend for a girls only getaway! :D

My schedule is hectic with work and school so I doubt I'll get to go, but this time next year school will be over for good and then I'll be able to be more of a social butterfly. :)

doydie 07-08-2012 10:57 PM

I don't do interstates! They scare me to death, all those lanes, when do I get in the lane to get off, everyone driving over the accepted limit, etc. We live in Evansville, right off I 164. From there I go to I 64 and my daughter lives right off that in Lexington. her college was also off I 64 a little closer. I am comfortable in that 3 hour drive. I know I could always fly places but after you fly you have to rent a car, manuever yourself around from your hotel. I just have never been able to do it. On another MS forum we had frequent get togethers. We had one here in our area and it was fun.

Sparky10 07-09-2012 07:29 AM

Your feelings about traffic are certainly understood, doydie. If/when I ever stop driving I figure the fear and/or confusion will overcome me some day.

Hope your schedule works out, Wiz. It would be good to see you again!

Sparky10 07-19-2012 10:37 AM

Will be leaving the area on Tuesday the 31st. Maybe after a nice lunch with new friends? DebbieD, Becky and I went to Naperville to meet a Board Buddie years ago! Any good restaurants near you? (hint hint!:wink:)

Kitty 07-19-2012 11:16 AM

I can't participate......being here in GA.....but I really do hope ya'll are able to get a good sized group together and have a blast! I attended a get-together several years ago and I don't think The Olive Garden has recovered yet!! :D