NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Back from the neurologist (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/173189-neurologist.html)

yeti 07-13-2012 01:37 PM

Back from the neurologist

I'm now 'probable MS' instead of 'possible MS but less likely'. The next step is bloodwork to rule out B12 deficiency, lupus, HIV, Lyme, and a couple others. The neuro doesn't think it is any of those but wants to be sure. Then if the bloodwork is negative, time for a spinal tap.

Kitty 07-13-2012 01:51 PM

Glad you posted an update! :) The blood work is one of the first things they do.....I remember they took so many vials of it from me! :rolleyes:

I didn't have a spinal tap. I did have an MRI.

You'll get advice from every angle. You don't have to decide anything right away. This forum can give you lots of guidance and first hand experiences from those of us who've been dealing with MS for years.

Hang in there.....and keep coming here. We (seem) pretty smart once you get to know us!! :D

marion06095 07-13-2012 04:06 PM

Nice work! It sounds like you are on the road to a diagnosis, what ever that may be. I was really glad to get my diagnosis of MS because I hated the diagnosis I had before, which was “malingerer.” ;)

yeti 07-13-2012 05:12 PM

All I want right now is answers, honestly. I've been feeling bad on and off for a long time, and I've always been the mystery patient. It is frustrating.

ANNagain 07-13-2012 05:41 PM

It sounds like you have been advanced to less of a mystery and more of probable MS.

I'm sure you don't want to have it but it is a comfort to have a label that allows them to treat you w MS meds and/or symptom meds. Also good to know that you are not crazy. Many of us got that at least once in our travels to a diagnosis.

Best to you,
ANN

yeti 07-14-2012 05:41 AM

Yes, that's the only good news in all of this! For the first time I actually feel like I'm on the right track of figuring out what's wrong with me.

Kitty 07-14-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeti (Post 897378)
Yes, that's the only good news in all of this! For the first time I actually feel like I'm on the right track of figuring out what's wrong with me.

That can make a HUGE difference. Just knowing that you're taken seriously and things are moving towards a conclusion can really change the way you feel. Keep us posted! :)

Debbie D 07-14-2012 03:56 PM

Knowledge is power...

just keep track of you symptoms onset/remission, questions, etc. Rest, eat right, try to stay active, and don't let any disease rule your life.

It can be overwhelming when finally hearing what it is that is causing your symptoms...but it is also a relief.

Keep us up to date too...:hug:

SallyC 07-14-2012 06:19 PM

So glad you found some answers, even though it wasn't all the answers.:) Now just take a deep breath, take care of yourself and try to enjoy each day as you are able.

Stay with us.. We are with you.:hug:

NurseNancy 07-15-2012 10:48 PM

i'm glad your dr is being proactive about finding answers for you.

hang in there thru this process.
hope to hear more about you.