NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Celebrex (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/173502-celebrex.html)

"Starr" 07-19-2012 01:59 PM

Celebrex

Anyone use celebrex for headache pain? They gave me a prescription at the rehab clinic yesterday, I've not tried it yet.

If you've tried it, did it work?
Starr

Mark in Idaho 07-19-2012 08:02 PM

The information about Celebrex lists head ache as a possible side effect.

It looks like it is a try it and see if it helps type of med when used for head aches.

"Starr" 07-19-2012 08:11 PM

Thanks Mark... I saw headache and skin rash listed as possible side effects, hopefully not ones I get!

I just took my first one, I'll see how it goes.
Starr

"Starr" 07-22-2012 09:09 AM

Nobody else has tried celebrex for headaches?

I've not noticed any improvement yet... maybe that's why.
Starr

Mist8012 07-22-2012 10:13 AM

No, I'm not on meds for headaches other than Ibuprofen/Advil and they only help with the dull headaches & neck pain. The migraines I have to suffer in silence.

I hope it works for you with little side effect.

Keep us posted

Sleeping Beauty 07-23-2012 10:11 PM

Celebrex

Starr,

I tried Celebrex and it had no effect on my headache pain. I took it for about 2 months with no results.

"Starr" 07-24-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty (Post 900086)
Starr,

I tried Celebrex and it had no effect on my headache pain. I took it for about 2 months with no results.

Thanks Sleeping Beauty for sharing your experience with it.

I only took it a couple times and then I stopped. I might try again at some point, but right now the Cipralex I was prescribed at the same time is kicking my butt, so I'm trying to minimize what's going into my system.

Starr

AllAmericanAmy 07-27-2012 04:24 PM

Huh?

Celebrex? The arthritis medicine? Seems odd for headaches. My hubby gets TBI headache relief from Zoloft daily, then takes the combo I saw recommended here of regular aspirin along with Acetometophin. This combo seems to help usually.

But anyway, my grandmother had painful arthritis in one shoulder, so she took Celebrex for 7 days (a trial of free meds from her doctor). She had massive stomach bleeding on day 8 and died on day 9.

Nope - she had NO history of ANY kind of stomach issues.

I warn everyone to think twice before taking it.
Then think again.
Then, if you still havent changed your mind - pray you come to your senses.

"Starr" 07-29-2012 07:13 PM

Yes, celebrex the arthritis medicine. Celebrex is an NSAID, like ibuprofen.

Thanks for the warning about it AllAmericanAmy, very sorry about your grandmother. :(

I haven't tried it again yet... I'm leery of taking anything right now after the antidepressant worked out so badly for me. Just letting my system clear out.
Starr