NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Movie 10$, slipping on steps, priceless (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/173701-movie-10-slipping-steps-priceless.html)

camyam73 07-23-2012 10:25 PM

Movie 10$, slipping on steps, priceless

Well, as you can guess I went to the new batman movie last night. Got up to use facilities mid movie and mistook the steps for a ramp resulting in a fall on just my knee. I was worried immediately as m head started to ache and things became fuzzy again. By the time we got home about three months of recovery had been erased. Today is still not great with only the Advil keeping things livable.

So, with relapses can I hope that this will pass quickly or do I have to wait three months or more to get back to where I was? I was quite depressed last night over this and am still worried. I had been doing very well on vacation and was pretty pleased with how much I was able to handle. I think I need to talk with my physiatrist about my spatial awareness since its quite bad since my original fall and I don't want another relapse!

Mist8012 07-23-2012 10:34 PM

I have no advice then to just take it slow. I don't know much about sub concussive impacts as I'm only 3 months in myself.

Try and sleep it off and see how you feel. You must've felt pretty good if u went to the movies. I had to decline a dinner invitation with the outlaws

Hope ur feeling better and try not to beat yourself up over it. Anxiety might make it worse.

Kelly

Mark in Idaho 07-24-2012 02:49 AM

If you rest quietly, it is possibly to regain your previous level of recovery. So, try to relax and not get anxious.

"Starr" 07-24-2012 10:14 AM

Sorry that happened to you Camyam. :hug: How frustrating.

Rest lots and hopefully you will get back to where you were quickly.

I've had a few falls lately too, nothing that has caused me to hit my head luckily, but scraped knees, elbows, a few bruises, torn pants that sort of thing. Kinda like being 6 years old again! :rolleyes:

I'm hoping when I go to PT and vestibular therapy that they will have strategies to help improve that. I fear that eventually it will lead to another good knock on the head.

I've been close a few times, often in the shower, so I know I have to be super careful and move super slowly there.

Best of luck.
Starr

Dolfinwolf 07-24-2012 02:22 PM

how are you feeling today?

camyam73 07-25-2012 06:59 AM

I am very tired today... Travelled from one province to another over the last two days. Managed a couple more trip ups along the way. Hoping some solid rest and better sleep will help. I do thankfully feel better than the first night, and hoping I can get back to where I was quickly.

Mist8012 07-25-2012 08:24 AM

Camyam,

I'm glad ur feeling better. I hope for a speedy recovery for u

camyam73 07-25-2012 04:42 PM

Well... Did a day without Advil to see what my baseline was. Not good. Haven't had a headache this bad in at least two months. Praying that I can sleep it off over the next couple of days.

"Starr" 07-25-2012 04:54 PM

:hug: Good thoughts to you that resting will help quite a bit.
Starr

camyam73 07-25-2012 05:19 PM

Thanks Starr. Am noticing some language issues that are new too... If there's background noise, I cannot understand words and to me it will seem they are speaking a different language. A bit worrisome but hoping it abates. If not I see my physiatrist on tues.