NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   A fox wandering down my road (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/174127-fox-wandering-road.html)

2000mind 08-01-2012 12:57 PM

A fox wandering down my road

1 Attachment(s)
I live in Big Sky Country where wildlife is always popping out of nowhere. A couple of months back this fox came wandering down the road in the early morning. In some cultures, the fox is believed to be sent by someone from the afterlife. Other cultures say they are also known to lead spirits through the forest. But is was really amazing to see him so close.

happiedasiy 08-02-2012 04:08 PM

pets and wildlife

I have 6 foxes!
1 Momma and 5 babies they come to my yard everyday several times a day. I can set my clock to their routine!

I also have deer, lastnight a male deer with a huge antlers.
They come around every year to eat the apples of of the apple tree.

I have a dog so we are careful, especially at night.

2000mind 08-02-2012 06:19 PM

That's pretty cool! It would have been neat to see the babies. Yeah, this fox came walking down the road like he had been partying the night before. Haha!

happiedasiy 08-03-2012 09:07 AM

pets and wildlife

Yes, It's great,
Moma fox we spoted last winter and we did'nt know if she was male/female untill the next spring. All of the babies are difrent each has their own personality. We have named 3 as to their physical features, but two look very much alike.
If I can get some pictures this weekend I'll post them next week.
H.

JKJK 08-04-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happiedasiy (Post 902852)
If I can get some pictures this weekend I'll post them next week.
H.

Great! Looking foward to that! Thanks :winky:

Sparky10 08-10-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000mind (Post 902732)
Yeah, this fox came walking down the road like he had been partying the night before. Haha!

A wobbly fox is an indication of disease, such as rabies. If you see the fox (or any wild mammal) acting unusual you should call someone. Agencies vary by location. Here in Iowa it's the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Some places it's Wildlife and Fisheries. Even a sheriff if nothing else.

It is cool to see wildlife! I'm a country gal! Saw a 3-legged doe once.

Kitt 08-11-2012 09:46 AM

Very true. Any animal acting out of the ordinary could have rabies. We saw a skunk going down the road a number of years ago and we knew without a doubt that it had rabies. Nothing at all to monkey around with.

We have had many animals coming thru and even a wolf last winter. No thanks to having a wolf come thru more than once. Having a wolf come thru by your window and thru the yard is an eye opening experience. :( None of these animals were acting abnormally.

2000mind 08-11-2012 04:35 PM

I had a conversation with my nephew, who is a Forest Service Ranger, and he said the both of you are wrong.

Kitt 08-11-2012 04:37 PM

Whose wrong? Another possibility is that the fox could have had mange. That's another thought. And of course the fox could be perfectly healthy. It's always wise to be wary of wild animals no matter how cute they are.

happiedasiy 08-18-2012 09:59 AM

Dear all,
I have many animals that stroll down the side of my house and I live in nj.
In my back yard I saw a fox last winter and come spring she had 5 kits'!
I have watched them grow and all are well except one, who was shot with a bebe gun and now is staying away, very sad.
I have deer and bucks come from the forest to eat fallen apples, they get a little drunk sometimes. I have wild turkeys. And I feed the birds. I have lots of sunflowers and watch the foxes they love the seeds and I love watching nature in my backyard, better then television!
H.