NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Setback (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/174387-setback.html)

windseeker242 08-06-2012 04:47 PM

Setback

Had a major setback

Went for a long walk today - made everything worse

Guess I have to take it easy

Mist8012 08-06-2012 10:28 PM

Sorry you feel awful but at least u know where are limits are now.

How long of a walk was it?

awakendream 08-06-2012 11:56 PM

Hope you feel better

Quote:

Originally Posted by windseeker242 (Post 903732)
Had a major setback

I know how you feel. Just talke care of yourself and listen to your body

Kenjhee 08-07-2012 12:44 AM

Hang in there. Your brain needs a bit more healing.

Funny you mentioned this, I just started working out again. I've had to take a hiatus from exercise for some 9 years, as any strenuous activity seemed to trigger my migraines. Then, for the past couple months, the migraines mysteriously went away. So, I started training again (I practice martial arts). Good, hard workouts, sometimes twice a day!

Point is, give yourself whatever rest your brain needs, and understand that it need not be forever. 9 years is not a short time, but it is not forever.

windseeker242 08-07-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenjhee (Post 903823)
(I practice martial arts).

Careful with that!

I don't know at what level you practice but I'd hate for you to get knocked in the head

Dolfinwolf 08-07-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenjhee (Post 903823)
So, I started training again (I practice martial arts). Good, hard workouts, sometimes twice a day!

Point is, give yourself whatever rest your brain needs, and understand that it need not be forever. 9 years is not a short time, but it is not forever.

Congratulations and Thank you for this! (I miss my training...) Glad you are able to have yours back after 9 years!!!!!! :D:D

Dolfinwolf 08-07-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windseeker242 (Post 903732)
Had a major setback

Yep, definitely listen to it, although it is so hard to do sometimes!!!!! :) I hope you begin to feel better again! How are you feeling today?

Kenjhee 08-07-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windseeker242 (Post 903841)
Careful with that!

I don't know at what level you practice but I'd hate for you to get knocked in the head

I received my black belt 10 years ago. I currently only practice solo (kata and heavy bag). I've never had a problem with my heavy bag hitting me back! ;)

windseeker242 08-07-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolfinwolf (Post 903912)
Yep, definitely listen to it, although it is so hard to do sometimes!!!!! :) I hope you begin to feel better again! How are you feeling today?

Not to bad - I'm no better but my setbacks seem to go away after sleeping

5 months of my life gone - I hope this will end someday

My family are getting frustrated with me - they want me to get back to work and I am defiantly not ready for that. They believe I'm "learning" this state of mind and that the only way for me to get better is to get back to normal activities. I don't know what to tell them.......

sospan 08-08-2012 06:20 AM

[QUOTE=windseeker242;904022]
My family are getting frustrated with me - they want me to get back to work and I am defiantly not ready for that. They believe I'm "learning" this state of mind QUOTE]

I had a similar comment from a Neuropsychologist that the more people know about the symptoms relating to an illness the more the adopt / take them on.

So many emotions over this train of thought mainly that they are trying to pigeon hole people into some sort of Münchhausen's syndrome to gain attention / financial compensation :mad: