NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   case closed (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/174449-closed.html)

valerie1961 08-07-2012 02:45 PM

case closed

had my hearing, decision was made, then it went to underwriters. now ssa says my case is closed on aug 3rd 2012. does that sound like a denial?

ginnie 08-07-2012 04:04 PM

Hello Valerie

I am not really sure. Usually if you are denied, that is stated very clearly. Case closed also doesn't leave room to appeal. Even after a hearing in court, I believe you can appeal. Keep post to the main board. Many more people here are better in this issue than I am. I hope you are OK. ginnie

Mz Migraine 08-07-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valerie1961 (Post 904006)
now ssa says my case is closed on aug 3rd 2012. does that sound like a denial?

In writing? :confused: Asking because denials are never given over the phone. SSDI denials are always in writing and the word "denial" is in the letter.

ginnie 08-07-2012 08:17 PM

Re: Right Ms migraine

Yes you are right. The letter concerning the case is very clear. If it is denied, they do it in writing not over the phone. ginnie:hug:

valerie1961 08-07-2012 11:19 PM

i had gotten this information over the phone when i called the ssa for an update.

finz 08-08-2012 01:35 AM

"Case closed" sounds odd to me. Perhaps they meant to say "a decision HAS been made, you'll have to wait until you get your letter to see what it says though."

If it was a denial, there is still the appeals process. If it was an approval, you are still subject to re-evaluations in the coming years.

It seems to me that a case shouldn't be 'closed' until you are deceased.

Maybe one of the posters who work in the field will have a more helpful answer for you.

Best of luck with this Val !

Tired3030 08-08-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 904148)
"Case closed" sounds odd to me. Perhaps they meant to say "a decision HAS been made, you'll have to wait until you get your letter to see what it says though."

If it was a denial, there is still the appeals process. If it was an approval, you are still subject to re-evaluations in the coming years.

It seems to me that a case shouldn't be 'closed' until you are deceased.

Maybe one of the posters who work in the field will have a more helpful answer for you.

Best of luck with this Val !

Case closed simply means all evidence has been submitted. My case was left open at my first hearing b/c the judge allowed time for me to submit missing records. Ur case is ready for a decision b/c all evidence is with the judge. It has nothing to do with an approval or denial.

finz 08-09-2012 12:02 AM

ahhh

Thanks Tired ! I hope that assuages Val's fear about that being 'denial' related.

Abbie 08-10-2012 02:32 PM

You will get a CASE CLOSED if you have exhausted all of your appeals and have run out work credits.

I did... That's the only reason I know this.......but I did get this in writing.

Sigh,
Abbie

ginnie 08-10-2012 02:39 PM

Hi Abbie, question

What does it mean to run out of work credits? I thought during the process you had to work a certain number of work credit hours in order to qualify for anything. For me this time thing was cut right down to the last six months of my work record, and I had to prove "two" of the final ones. I was a home artist, and sold work. Had to get the last bit of proof as claiming "time" for work at home is difficult. Went by how much I made at the end. I also thought all decisions were given in mail form, not by phone at all. I have alot to learn about getting benefits and the in's and outs, I am curious. ginnie