NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Low dose naltrexone (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/174501-low-dose-naltrexone.html)

Kimmidwife 08-08-2012 10:41 AM

Low dose naltrexone

I am wondering if anyone has tried this medication and if they have had success with it?

Happygeek 08-27-2012 11:52 AM

naltrexone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmidwife (Post 904225)
I am wondering if anyone has tried this medication and if they have had success with it?

I just googled naltrexone and wondered why you would take it for fibro? I am searching for ANYTHING that might make me feel better. Already tried neurontin, Lyrica and Savella with no affect or improvement.
Thanks
Lisa

joojee22 08-27-2012 04:17 PM

Ther is a yahoo groups chat group, they have many thousands of people that have had success with this treatment. Please go visit the yahoo group.

J.

Quote:

raj_malholtra 10-01-2012 07:35 PM

LDN helps with auto-immunity

Quote:

its my understanding that LDN has benefit for autoimmunity. So if there is a autoimmune component to your CFG then it seems its worth a try. the side effect profile is minimal and it is a "low dose". kind of homeopathic to modulate the immune system.

Chemar 10-01-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_malholtra (Post 918953)
its my understanding that LDN has benefit for autoimmunity. So if there is a autoimmune component to your CFG then it seems its worth a try. the side effect profile is minimal and it is a "low dose". kind of homeopathic to modulate the immune system.

Hello and welcome :)

"homeopathic" does not refer to just a small dose of something though?
Homeopathy is defined as "A system for the treatment of disease by minute doses of natural substances that in a healthy person would produce symptoms of disease."
I do also want to mention that some people do have side effects from LDN...in fact a family member of mine did, so one should always be sure to investigate potential side effects.

raj_malholtra 10-01-2012 08:36 PM

you are correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 918977)
Hello and welcome :)

"homeopathic" does not refer to just a small dose of something though?
Homeopathy is defined as "A system for the treatment of disease by minute doses of natural substances that in a healthy person would produce symptoms of disease."
I do also want to mention that some people do have side effects from LDN...in fact a family member of mine did, so one should always be sure to investigate potential side effects.

i should have put "homepathic" in quotes. i meant it as an analogy in the sense that it is a fraction of the regular dose of naltrexone. and of course it can cause side effects for some.

homeopathic injections, etc are usually so dilute of the original ingredient that in many cases it is untraceable. but the injection or tincture can usually modulate the immune system.

mnrn11 10-14-2012 09:07 PM

Ldn

Quote:

I am a member of a fibro support group and personally know someone that is on LDN. She claims it is wonderful!! I havent gotten the nerve yet to try it...let us know if you do!