NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   denied (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/174715-denied.html)

valerie1961 08-13-2012 03:42 PM

denied

just to let you all know, i got the results today. over 2 years down the drain. talked to case manager and he will talk to the attorney.hopefully i can file a new claim.

finz 08-13-2012 06:05 PM

Oh Val, I'm so sorry.

EducatedAsylum 08-13-2012 06:16 PM

bad news. I'm sorry as well

finz 08-13-2012 08:36 PM

I was just looking at your past posts trying to get some of your 'history'

If you had the alj hearing in March, where the VS said there were NO jobs that you could do, then they sent you to the CE in June, and NOW you are denied......it seems to me that the CE must have 'found' that he believes you are capable of working or don't have the level of disability that YOUR doc has found.

One of your other posts said something about you completing a functional capacity report. That was after the alj hearing. Did that get turned in or was it part of the process when you had the CE ? Is it possible that you said things in there that indicated that you might be able to function better than someone who was totally disabled ? Did you show your answers on the FCR to your attorney ? Trying to give a good snapshot on your abilities in a FCR can be tricky. So many of us who are disabled have good days and bad days. Things often aren't a constant, like they might be if you were in a coma and could not function independently at all. Could you have missed being specific enough about what you can't do ? I'd ask your lawyer to get a copy of the CE report to see what that finding was........and ask your doc what he thinks of what the CE wrote.

As we all know, NOTHING moves quickly with this process. I'd just take some time to focus on YOU and do what you can to 'forget' the stress of this....or just put it aside for a short time. Take care of yourself. Stress doesn't help any mental health issues. Talk to your doc about the support you will need to get back into the battle. THEN talk to your lawyer about how to proceed.

valerie1961 08-14-2012 06:10 AM

ce

from what i read the ce was for me. you see i had seen him twice in the earlier stages and he told me that he did not understand why i was not approved the first time. and the ve did say there was nothing i could do at all. it was the ssa doctor that said i could. welfare want me to work for them 126 hours a month for 450.00 a month. I am unable to do this. but i gotta think of something because we have no cash income, it is just me and my 2 teens. thank you for listening.

don1956 08-14-2012 07:25 AM

"been there ,done that"we all have that's on this site.it happen to all that's here.we feel your pain.:(yes by all means "appeal".its what we all did.some of us many times;)

Mz Migraine 08-14-2012 02:21 PM

You can appeal the ALJ hearing - Appeals Council and/or go straight for the Federal Court Review. Discuss w/your attorney on the best route for you to take.

For your own benefit, suggest that you read all the information on the SSDI website regarding "Appeals."

GOOD LUCK! You're going to need it. :hug: