NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Symtomp free for over 60 days as feel great :) (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/175138-symtomp-free-60-days-feel.html)

Cjm028 08-21-2012 11:39 AM

Symtomp free for over 60 days as feel great :)

I am happy to say I have now been symtomp free for about 79 days now and enjoying my summer and I've been working in construction the past 3 weeks no problems at all and I work out and jog. My doctors and family doctors and neurologist gave me a green light to work again and work out and run. Man those 6-9 months have been awful :( I almost felt like giving up laying in bed staring at the celing night and day in a dark room with pain in my head a foggy thoughts etc.

I got divorced that's the sad part :( my wife couldn't take my PCS anymore but now that in better I went on dates and enjoying life . Like I said I was seedy depresassed and thought about giving up entirely but I hang in there I taken all your advice and rested taking the vitamins fish oil and diet change no caffeine or Alcohal etc and it worked I know it taken 9 months or so for me to get better but it was well worth the wait.

I will be careful for the rest of my life and enjoy what's left im 30 years old now. If anyone wants to talk you can email me @ chrismartell686@hotmail.com I can share my horrible experience and give guidance I to survived not only PCS but PSTD from death of my son. So carry on never give up hope and soon you will recover and have faith too info to church now and pray I never did thy before god bless you all and thank you all for your kind words especially mark from Idaho. And space cadet hang in there man, keep up the diet and vitamins you'll get better :)

Dolfinwolf 08-21-2012 12:28 PM

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news, that you have been symptom-free for 79 days! I admire your strength getting through those other events in your life that you described as well. Thank you for the update, and good luck!:hug:

rochbo 08-21-2012 01:41 PM

I have been suffering for almost 7 months and am much better with mental tasks but physical aspects like fatigue, etc still roar its ugly head. I worked 4 full days in a row and am suffering for it with 2 days off work.

I'm wondering from Cjm028 how long the fatigue lasted for you?

Cjm028 08-21-2012 08:37 PM

I was tired all the time I just knew my limitations and got used to them I'm not 100% never will be but I'm well enough to work and enjoy life you just have to roll with the punches and get trough the first year and hopefully things will come you way. But as in being tired I was tired up until 2 months ago I still get tired little bit but nothing major.

Jeffrey 08-21-2012 09:02 PM

Glad to hear it. Nine months is a long time to suffer, but it could be worse. I'm over two years (dealing w/pain).

Maybe your being only 30 helped, and the type of injury, etc.

Keep cautious, and enjoy your life.

windseeker242 08-21-2012 09:22 PM

Congrats Buddy - I'm jealous

Did you just wake up better one day or did it slowly fade away?
lol that rhymed

I feel like we are all trapped in a prison with an undetermined sentence
Some people get to go free and some do not - and nobody knows when

Make sure you live your life to the fullest for the rest of us!