NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Prayers for Curious & others after yesterday's Texas tornadoes (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/17538-prayers-curious-yesterdays-texas-tornadoes.html)

Chemar 04-14-2007 07:04 AM

Prayers for Curious & others after yesterday's Texas tornadoes

Hi everyone

could you keep Curious, and all others who were in the path of those nasty tornado spawning storms yesterday, in your prayers please

:grouphug:

Alffe 04-14-2007 08:05 AM

Has anyone heard from Curious or Julie? Prayers going up...thanks Chemar.

Chemar 04-14-2007 08:48 AM

Just heard from Curious.....lots of trees down and that kind of damage but they and house/cars etc are safe:grouphug:

Curious 04-14-2007 09:19 AM

anyone wanna come help clean the leaves and branches out of my pool?

:grouphug: thank you for the prayers.

oh...i really want to give kudo's to the tv stations here. they predicted these tornados the day before. we had lots of warning., and like julie posted about on another thread...they track it street by street. they were right on the money. i think it saved many lives.

KathyM 04-14-2007 10:18 AM

Curious and Julie

I'm glad you're both okay. I agree with you about the tracking system. Who would have thought those nerdy weathermen would turn out to be such heroes, huh? :cool:

I mentioned on another thread we had an F4/5 hit our town on my 9th birthday. It killed 33 people and injured hundreds. Our local library is holding a 40th anniversary memorial on my birthday this year. Maybe I'll bring a cake and celebrate our survival with them. :D

Back then we had no tracking system or alarms - not even a forecast of rain. It was a beautiful day (sunny and 70s), and my grandfather was visiting from Denmark - first time I'd ever met him. He and my mother were drinking a glass of wine and watching the storm brew outside. Mom told grandpa not to worry because it was just a typical thunderstorm. She changed her tune when the windows blew out. Grandpa never visited the U.S. again - said our weather is too violent. :D

One "blessing" for me on that day was the fact that my father took off work early because it was my birthday. If it were any other day, he would have been stuck in traffic at the same time and same intersection where the tornado did the most damage.

We didn't know the extent of the damage until the following day. It was such a strange site because everything was covered with a fresh layer of snow - and the National Guard were everywhere. It was amazing to see a huge city bus flipped over on top of the bus station. Another amazing site was someone's wedding photo in a frame wedged halfway into a tree.

Chemar 04-14-2007 03:02 PM

hope the clean up is going smoothly, curious:hug:

the aerial shots coming in from the damaged area around you is :eek:

now there is a report of a massive nor'easter baralling down too....werid werid weather this year!

Lara 04-14-2007 05:59 PM

Sounds dreadful. ugh Weather is crazy lately.

Glad to see that Curious and Julie have posted, although I've not seen Julie's post yet, but figure she's ok from what you've said here. I hope everyone else is alright.

Darlene 04-14-2007 11:38 PM

Curious

Glad to see you are still up and swinging. I am sure there quiet a number of us that will love to come and help clean your pool and get a reward for when warmer weather gets here and decides to stay. :partytime2:

I am happy for our kids live down there just out of Dallas. I heard all they had was golf ball size hail there.

Darlene
:hug:

clouds z 04-15-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 88271)
anyone wanna come help clean the leaves and branches out of my pool?

:grouphug: thank you for the prayers.

oh...i really want to give kudo's to the tv stations here. they predicted these tornados the day before. we had lots of warning., and like julie posted about on another thread...they track it street by street. they were right on the money. i think it saved many lives.

hi curiuos im glad youre ok