NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Should title this EMOTIONS: sic & tired (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/175751-title-emotions-sic-tired.html)

new2net98 09-01-2012 06:01 PM

Should title this EMOTIONS: sic & tired

How & when do you say enough? Learning to live all of this is starting to get bothersome. Never been one to go to a Dr. office repeatedly, I am learning that I have no choice in this.

Neurologist office is starting to irrate the crap outta me. I never know WHEN to call them over calling my GP's office. I was told to call when something suspicious is happening. New symptom. Or something that I am unsure of.

This week I was running out of my pills. So I called a week in advance of running out. Not supposed to run out, as this could be hazardous, right?? So, they don't call back. So I called three days out of the last pill. Still no response. So I emailed my GP's office. Some other RN, not my PA's nurse, gets the email & has me verify that the Neurologist office didn't fill the script. WalMart pharmacy didn't have it. So, GP's office sends in a one-time, one month script. Only to have the Neurologist's office overright it (incorrectly as twice a day; versus the three times a day they made it last time).

Soooo, ok, call the Neuro's office again. Finally, my Dr's nurse calls back, leaves a message about calling the pharmacy & correcting the error. My insurance doesn't allow a correction to take effect until my next appt; so, I will effectively come close (seven days out) to running out again next time (for the corrected script to be picked up). Why don't they (GP's office) just co-ordinate by a simple phone call?

I used to be part of a dr's office & I guess things have changed...20 yrs is a long time. Maybe I just worked for an exceptionally kind practice? I'm sure lots of you out there have had this happen. I thought, maybe wrongly, that care was part emotional support & part keeping the body & mind healthy. I could be wrong.

Also, while on the subject of being pissy...well, I guess that is REALLY what this rant is about...how can a person, without meds, calm the heck down. I've noticed alot of times that my emotions flare out of control. I have always be a calm, level-headed, laid-back person...WTH is up with this???

Thanks for listening & be well~

carbreezy 09-01-2012 08:20 PM

thanks for sharing...! Wow...i hear ya...it's like dealing with Doc's has become a full time job.!!:(

SallyC 09-01-2012 10:46 PM

I hear you too N2N. Sending understanding and :hug::hug::hug:

Mariel 09-02-2012 08:15 PM

I am so sympathetic. It sounds like the craziness I've been through, too. It is just awful, and my emotional situation is critical over it. I can't take any psychotropic drugs and I need one now. My propanalol and klonopin do help emotions a little but I need a shot of 100 proof whiskey about now (can't drink at all). I would like to try LDN but I do not think anyone will respond to that request. Does it help emotions, Sally?

new2net98 09-02-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 911207)
I am so sympathetic. It sounds like the craziness I've been through, too. It is just awful, and my emotional situation is critical over it. I can't take any psychotropic drugs and I need one now. My propanalol and klonopin do help emotions a little but I need a shot of 100 proof whiskey about now (can't drink at all). I would like to try LDN but I do not think anyone will respond to that request. Does it help emotions, Sally?

No drinking for me; haven't had anything other than one hard cider bottle since last Christmas/Chanukkah season. Blacked out after two drinks. I remember getting in the car (my daughter was driving) and coming to a few miles away. Heather said I was sitting up, with my eyes open & didn't talk to her when I was asked questions. So, no alcohol for me.

I will NEVER take any type of antidepressant. My poor mom is bipolar (this is the current term...she has been dx'd with several terms over the years); I've seen too many dr's (they insisted the whole family be "treated") handing out way too many drugs. In fact, I'm very glad that my current dr & neurologist see me as pretty well balanced. Otherwise, I'd be finding a new dr.

Some people need this type of therapy & I hope they follow their dr's advice. Others fall into a group I think some docs don't understand...so they medicate first & ask questions about what's going on later...when it's too late to be sure. So they "adjust" the meds. Not a good place to be.

Gripe session over, I think I need to go find a nice bar of chocolate! :D

Mariel 09-03-2012 12:24 AM

I was poisoned for many years by drugs I could not properly metabolize. I am now suffering the coda of that stupidity, I guess. I'm on very few drugs now, but the damage is done.

Mariel 09-04-2012 08:21 PM

I am less depressed today, just thought you would like to know. And less angry. I know it comes and goes. No doctor ever suggested I had bipolar. I seem to have an overall sadness which sometimes just sinks below the water line into all day crying. I do see a counselor. She has no idea what to do, and I told her I have no idea either but I enjoy talking to her. I would like to take one of those drugs vets take to help Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, because I heard some of them calm memories. But sometimes I can calm the memories just by making some change. I have now made a change from one church congregation to another. The first church had toxic rug cleaner and wouldn't couldn't change it, actually did not believe I had that reaction, a serious reaction which ended my teaching career (a toxic rug with toxic glue in the building). I am now attending a church with no rug.

sabimax 09-06-2012 11:30 PM

that is mix up since you in the U.P. haha sent you a message as I am in U.P. also... curious what neuro you have etc... hope to chat soon. sarah