NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Have Dr. appt 9/10/12 what other options (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/175844-dr-appt-9-10-12-options.html)

new2net98 09-03-2012 03:13 PM

Have Dr. appt 9/10/12 what other options

other than Neurontin?

I haven't a clue & am starting to find that more is not better. Getting more side effects; no clue if the tiredness is a flare or if it's just the body overriding the medication, same thing with the higher frequency of word searching.

Keep in mind that I am ANTI meds & would sooner use something low-dose. Yea, I know...don't we all.

Low maintenance (one dose) would also be on my list. Memory problems persist & since workload at work hasn't diminished much, would be easier.

Thank you, in advance, for all your helpful comments! ;)

Erika 09-03-2012 03:46 PM

Hello new2net98,

I'm wondering if you have tried LDN?

From my side, a couple of months ago I was in much the same position that you seem to be in. Trying symptom controlling meds with not much success other than with Baclofen (but not liking the side effects) left me feeling very isolated and frustrated.

I honestly didn't know whether something so simple as LDN could help but I gave it a try and have experienced a quite wonderful return of cognition (Judgement is still sometimes lacking however :o).
There has also been an improvement in overall mood and a reduction of fatigue and most physical symptoms. Yes, they are still there, but the edge has been taken off of them.

Maybe pop on over to the LDN support and Check in thread to see if it might be something worth considering.

Hope that you find something that helps and that you feel better.

With love, Erika

carbreezy 09-03-2012 08:38 PM

...hi..what is LDN...? (sorry i am new to all this )
thanks
Oops..I just re-read what you said..that there is a thread for the information. thanks

tkrik 09-05-2012 02:50 PM

I haven't really been on here in a while and may have missed some of your posts/threads. What symptoms are you trying to treat with the meds - nerve pain, muscle pain, fatigue?

new2net98 09-10-2012 09:32 PM

Now looking for new Doc on top of new med. Will look into LDN as soon as primary finds new doc. Didn't get to see neuro again. He sent in some assistant of his (3rd one& have never seen him) who only read part of file; asked three questions, had me walk 10 feet & says "HE" has determined that I have some non specified seizure disorder. Didn't explain anything & tells me that I will see neuro again in 3 months. Exactly what last "assistant" said; without the dx.

Had to come home and look up term he used. Doesn't fit any of the symptoms I'm having & have had since 2009 (except one lil possible seizure--didn't go to hospital then so no one knows for sure) back in May.

Left an email for my primary to set up appt with her to get second opinion doc. I think I'm going to Mayo or Marshfield.

Sheesh...what a day.

doydie 09-10-2012 11:44 PM

I want Dr Marcus Welby back!

new2net98 09-13-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doydie (Post 913490)
I want Dr Marcus Welby back!

Loved watching that & EMERGENCY!! Gentle shows, good info & no swearing! Them wrer the days.
:)