NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Alcoholism, Addiction and Recovery (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/)
-   -   What is you Addiction..how long have you been clean? (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/17634-addiction-clean.html)

dorrie 04-15-2007 10:44 PM

What is you Addiction..how long have you been clean?

:) :) Hi guys and girls!!:) Not alot of action here but I am curious. What is your addiction and if you are clean,sober orwhatever may apply, then how long do you have in?:) Dorrie

dorrie 04-22-2007 09:34 PM

Ok...I will reply to my own post. My primary addiction is alcohol....sober 7 years this July. I also struggled with precription medicine(Lorezapam)...clean since Jan 2000...tobacco...still smoke....food...still eat too much! I have this tendancy to always want more of anything that is not good for me...addiction sure is cunning, baffling and powerful!!!:)

Wiix 04-29-2007 07:33 PM

Hi dorrie. Alcohol and 15 years clean and sober. :winky:

dorrie 04-30-2007 11:30 PM

Hi Wiix Congratulations on your 15 years. That is wonderful. Also, thank you replying..this site is so slow considering how many of us there are!:)

stevem53 05-06-2007 09:59 PM

Mine is alcohol and cigarettes..17 years sober, and 14 years smoke free, One day at a time!..;)

Its good to see some activity on this forum

dorrie 05-09-2007 08:56 PM

Hey Stevem53...Congratulations ...17 years wow that is great. I think I have been sober long enough now to really beleive that I will be for the rest of my life. I remember a time when that was something I could just not think about because the thought of it seemed so terrifying!! Now my life has changed so much. I love life! I love my sobriety! I will always keep with my programme because I would not want to go back to where I was. Untill I got sober and joined my 12 step group I never knew how people functioned. In life, in relationships ...in anything other than drinking. Now that I am a part of the world I do not ever want to give this up. I have life now and isn't life GREAT:) :) :)

stevem53 05-09-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorrie (Post 97395)
Hey Stevem53...Congratulations ...17 years wow that is great. I think I have been sober long enough now to really beleive that I will be for the rest of my life. I remember a time when that was something I could just not think about because the thought of it seemed so terrifying!! Now my life has changed so much. I love life! I love my sobriety! I will always keep with my programme because I would not want to go back to where I was. Untill I got sober and joined my 12 step group I never knew how people functioned. In life, in relationships ...in anything other than drinking. Now that I am a part of the world I do not ever want to give this up. I have life now and isn't life GREAT:) :) :)

Life is good..:) ..AA saved my life, and chaged my life..Im happy to hear that you are enjoying the fruits of your recovery..Absolutely amazing, isnt it?..;)