NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Feeling a little better (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/176924-feeling-little.html)

januarybabe 09-23-2012 07:52 PM

Feeling a little better

I have been suffering from PN for 2 1/2 years now. The last week or so I have been feeling better. I am on 2700 mg gabapentin, 100 mg Tramadol, and lidocaine patch. I know these are fairly high doses, but it seems like pain has leveled off or even a little improved. My PN is idiopathic. Do pain works work better over time?

Idiopathic PN 09-23-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by januarybabe (Post 916931)
I have been suffering from PN for 2 1/2 years now. The last week or so I have been feeling better. I am on 2700 mg gabapentin, 100 mg Tramadol, and lidocaine patch. I know these are fairly high doses, but it seems like pain has leveled off or even a little improved. My PN is idiopathic. Do pain works work better over time?

I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope you continuously feet better.

I am on Gabapentin 1500mg a day but just Friday, this was increased to 1800mg a day. I dont take tramadol or any kind of pain killer. I use Lidocaine Patch too. I put it in the instep (just in front of the ankle). This is the best spot that works for me. It allows me to do my responsibilties.

hopeful 09-24-2012 06:02 PM

Idiopathic PN that is a great idea to put the Lido Patch on your instep. I'm going to try that tomorrow!
Hopeful

mrsD 09-24-2012 06:27 PM

Nice update! It is wonderful to see a positive post, and improvements.

When you put those Lidoderms on the top of your foot (instep), be careful walking...sometimes they numb me up too much and I stumble around. Not always, but sometimes. 1/2 patch is enough for each foot.

Idiopathic PN 09-24-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 917187)
Nice update! It is wonderful to see a positive post, and improvements.

When you put those Lidoderms on the top of your foot (instep), be careful walking...sometimes they numb me up too much and I stumble around. Not always, but sometimes. 1/2 patch is enough for each foot.

I use only 1/4 for each foot. I experimented many times before I got the right spot and the right size that works for me. The downside of it is the patch doesn't hold up. So I put a plaster to hold it. I make sure that its not so tight.

Thank you.

januarybabe 09-25-2012 10:16 AM

Mrs.D do you put lidoderm pain patch on foot even if you don't have pain in foot? My pain is mainly in abs and some pain in my upper legs.

mrsD 09-25-2012 03:08 PM

I only use the Lidoderm patches when I have severe foot pain, which is not often anymore. But I have done so maybe once a month or two. Usually it knocks it out in one day.

I don't know if this is sesamoid inflammation flare or the PN pain. But I have used them on the instep, and once I went shopping with them on and that was a mistake. Now if I need them I use them at night and take off in the daytime.

I also use the Lidoderms behind the knee, esp the right one which tends to flare every once in a while.