NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Day 9 on Lithium (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/17717-day-9-lithium.html)

BJ 04-17-2007 07:51 AM

Day 9 on Lithium

Today is the 9th day I'm taking Lithium. I'm only taking 300mg 3x a day right now but supposed to up it to 400mg. I think I'm coming "down" a bit but still a little manic and not sleeping at all. I'm having terrible side effects and wondering how long it will take for these to go away. My hands are trembling, been so nauseous, and can't stand the taste of food. I don't know where my head is half the time. I feel like I'm separated from my mind and it's across the room, if that makes sense.

I just hope this all goes away soon because I can't function like this. :(

Mrs. Bear 04-17-2007 08:07 AM

I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you.

Food is still not tasting right, but I am really hungry in the evenings.

My head isn't floaty anymore.

I never did get nauseated, but I rarely do.

My racing thoughts are subsiding. But I still cry off and on. (I am titrating off Lamictal, and am only on 100mgs in the evening.)

Med changes are so painful and miserable.

I am holding your hand and we'll get through this together.

Hang on dear heart. :hug:

BJ 04-17-2007 09:25 PM

The worse part is I feel like my head doesn't belong to me anymore and I can't find it. I don't want to eat because of the taste and that's making me more miserable. I love ice cream and just tried to eat it and it tasted horrible. :eek:

Quote:

I am holding your hand and we'll get through this together.
Thank you so much. It's comforting to know that someone understands where I'm at. This is not me.

befuddled2 04-17-2007 10:02 PM

My Pdoc just put me on Lithium today and Seroquel. I dread any adverse affects from it. Maybe the 3 of us can hold each other's hand?

befuddled2

Nikko 04-18-2007 11:11 AM

I never was on Lithium, I am on Lamictal.

I sure hope all these side effects subside soon. Sometimes with meds, well with me, it took a few times to get the right dosage for me with the Lamictal, Klonapin, Trazadone. Plus finding the right anti-depressant, which is Cymbalta and that works good for me.

Hang in there, meds take time to get into your system and adjusted.

Good Luck,,,,,Nikko:grouphug:

bizi 04-18-2007 12:30 PM

I wish you could sleep!

I am sorry mepb? that you are in this fog if that could be a good word to describe your thoughts....
The not sleeping at night is the biggest issue I think.
when my sleeping pills stopped workking I aked to use the klonipin 1mg and that seems to work now mostly. wonder if that could help you?
hang in there sweetie, unfortunately it does take time for our bodies to adjust to t hese meds.
(((HUGS)))
bizi

BJ 04-18-2007 07:18 PM

Unfortunately I'm in a dilemma.:confused: I know I need to sleep desperately but I can't, I can't stop my mind. I tried Klonopin and didn't seem right. I started to shake and cry and I got nervous and never took it again. I have this fear of becoming a drug addict. I even hate to take Nyquil when I'm sick. I've seen some people that were addicts when I was in the hospital and it broke my heart. I don't want to end up like that, in a hospital where no one cares.

I can't take any anti-ds because they make me manic. So my pdoc said no more.

I think I'm coming down a bit but I'm terrified of how "down" I'll come. The last time I had a bad episode I came waaaay down and tried "it" and I don't want to end up there again.

This is just my ignorance I think. I don't know a lot about BP, I'm afraid to ask questions and clam up.

I know I definitely won't be able to sleep tonight. :( I have these big blowers blowing and 3 humidifiers from the carpet place to help to dry out my carpets from the flood. The insurance adjuster won't be out until sometime next week so I hope they dry soon.

Curious 04-18-2007 07:35 PM

:hug:

i know my not sleeping is different than your mebp. the best thing is to not even think about it. make plans around it. if you know you aren't going to sleep, then find somethig to do. watch a movie...cook...heck i end up doing the stuff that is hard for me to do during the day with a 5 yr old. :wink:

but if i lay down, knowing i'm not going to sleep, i get agravated and figity. i don't sit still much anyways.

i hope your carpets dry our fast. what a pain huh? we did get some hail damage to one of our cars. doing the waiting game too.

BJ 04-18-2007 07:54 PM

I'm so sorry about your car Curious. This is some crazy weather for spring. Do you know we haven't seen the sun since last Thursday. But hopefully this weekend they got it right and we get sunshine and 70. :D

I've already decided I'm not going to just lie in bed and stare at the ceiling fan, watching it go round and round. I try so hard to sleep and I end up seeing every hour go by and keep thinking how am I going to work tomorrow. :confused: Food doesn't taste good so cooking is out. I do have some DVDs I got for Christmas and haven't watched yet. Usually when I watch a movie I fall asleep soooooooo maybe it will work. :winky:

Curious 04-18-2007 07:58 PM

:holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep:

:p how about counting sheep?

:hug: i hope you enjoy the movies enough to relax and fall asleep.