NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Please can you explain....... (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/177930-please-explain.html)

peacheysncream 10-12-2012 12:28 PM

Please can you explain.......

Why I am exhausted all the time? If I push myself I get chronic head pain, terrible joint pain particularly in my knees.

I have always understood my body and been able to work things out logically. I am eating a high protein diet, doing regular light exercise, resting well.

Could it just be that looking after my daughter all the time is too much for me, even though I think Im coping my body is not??

What do you think?

worried12378 10-12-2012 01:03 PM

I canīt explain why but I am exhausted all the time, too. No energy. Sometimes I am so exhausted and weak that even raising my hands seems like such an effort. When i had a strong infection last year I was experiencing similar exhaustion. I think it has something to do with the body trying to fight something.

sospan 10-12-2012 01:37 PM

Ditto I have the same

andromeda 10-12-2012 04:29 PM

Same here. The very exhausted days come about 1 in every 3. I'm too tired to even talk, in a complete fog and just sleep all day.

I was at the vet last night with the dog and there was a lot of waiting around with no chair to sit on. I started to feel dizzy so crouched down to the floor. When I tried to stand again I got the most awful pain behind my knees. I felt about 100, walking around groaning. Even the smallest movements leave me feeling like I've run a marathon.

I think looking after a child all day is a huge job. Your brain is constantly on alert, even if you don't realise it. Do you have anyone who could help you take care of her?

sospan 10-13-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andromeda (Post 922064)
I felt about 100

My 83 year neighbour has to slow down and wait for me when we are out :o:o:o

Theta Z 10-13-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacheysncream (Post 921995)
Why I am exhausted all the time? If I push myself I get chronic head pain, terrible joint pain particularly in my knees.

I have always understood my body and been able to work things out logically. I am eating a high protein diet, doing regular light exercise, resting well.

Could it just be that looking after my daughter all the time is too much for me, even though I think Im coping my body is not??

What do you think?

Dear peacheysncream,

Unfortunately the "Why I am exhausted all the time? " question is one of the primary 'wonderings' that our minds struggle with, not only in the early-stages of tbi-pcs, but as well for some years down the road, as do some of us on here.

The 'exhausted all the time' is just simply so part-and-parcel to the package of brain injury. It's very, very 'hard work' to heal a recovering brain, and "what we do"/don't do/how we do-&-don't do, all affects very much the healing-or-not-healing of our brain. Each and every head injured person will vary. As I'm sure others have said on here, there are no hard and fast timelines. Certainly there are excellent guidelines, and you're learning them here on NT, the best forum to ask and learn, to get the supportiveness so vital to healing.

I'm sure that you are indeed "a model mom" to your dear young daughter, though your experience of yourself is one of overwelmingly feeling so much "less than your former self", as a mother, as a person.

Yes, I'm certain that "just looking after" your daughter, taking good care of her, and yourself as well (kudos on that) ... is truly exhausting, feels like "too much" after you've "spent your quotient" before fatiguing your brain. There's lots to keep-up-with a little person! ;)
I so admire those of you such as yourself, and Nick, andi, others with children and Mark @ his church --- the quality of time, care, attention, energy that it requires.
(Just volunteering 3 morns a week @ our local Cat Care Coalition, taking care of 3-4 cats and/or kittens, was like a "major brain strain" for me for months & months after-injury! LOL! :(

Everything now takes more time, more effort, more energy expenditure, everything takes longer. We're just simply not as 'efficient' any longer. I know how awful it is. We all do on here.
And, it will get better.We just cannot say 'when'.
It will.

Try to be as patient, kind, compassionate, generous, and as understanding of your own head/healing, as you are with your own beloved daughter. (That's can be a tough one; I'm still "at beginner's mind" in learning that one for myself.) However your being a young mom who is also highly-intelligent, lovingly concerned and very aware, very mindful is all greatly to your benefit.

And keep posting on here, asking for support, for encouragement, educating yourself all along the way. You've learned so much already since your first post!

With love and appreciation, for all you do,
Theta ;) :hug:

Theta Z 10-13-2012 06:11 AM

Priceless, sospan! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sospan (Post 922162)
My 83 year neighbour has to slow down and wait for me when we are out :o:o:o

Absolutely priceless!!
And so true, I have no doubt!
I struggle some days to keep up a good easy-going-slow-little-jog/fast walk pace with the short-legged little doggies whom I petsit & walk by the bay! :rolleyes:

Best,
Theta ;)

sospan 10-13-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theta Z (Post 922170)
Absolutely priceless!!
And so true, I have no doubt!
I struggle some days to keep up a good easy-going-slow-little-jog/fast walk pace with the short-legged little doggies whom I petsit & walk by the bay! :rolleyes:

Best,
Theta ;)

Must admit getting more and more inclined to get another dog - just so it can drag me out of the house for a walk.

peacheysncream 10-13-2012 08:42 AM

Thanks for making me laugh!!