NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   need a little vent. (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/178016-little-vent.html)

luduplo 10-14-2012 03:15 AM

need a little vent.

I'm thinking about wearing a helmet every day. I bump my head on things at least once every couple of days! But never hard enough to do much harm, other than just unsettling me. This time I managed to make my neck feel slightly sore though! So at least I know my neck took most of the bump.

[I've been on the go so much this week, putting long days of work into both a community event and a leukemia awareness day/night. I've had insomnia too but I seem to be conquering it.

ButI still feel like people are taking my time and energy, and it isn't a nice feeling. I shut myself off from a crush because he was wanting me to spend too much time talking to him and I was feeling really exhausted and unbalanced. He also didn't seem compassionate and was making me feel uncomfortable about myself. So maybe it was for the better.]

Now I've got final assignments and exams coming up in the next 3 weeks. My confidence levels are really shot though, because of always bumping my head on things, being constantly sick and being an insomniac! I just can't seem to get people to give me time alone too, and when I get time alone I spend it all trying to get a grip on myself in order to be productive.

I'm just so tired, the university semesters are just a little bit too long. And I'm really feeling it because I was doing so much for people on my precious week off and fell behind in a lot of work. Giving myself where I can to help others is sometimes too important of a priority for me. I actually have written two crackers of essays though, so I'm happy about that.

I just need to pull myself together for the others this week. Hopefully I can.

Thanks for reading.

sospan 10-14-2012 03:32 AM

If your serious about getting some head protection - have a look for a "bump cap". Used by trades people where you don't need to wear a hard hat and they look just like baseball caps

luduplo 10-14-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sospan (Post 922444)
If your serious about getting some head protection - have a look for a "bump cap". Used by trades people where you don't need to wear a hard hat and they look just like baseball caps

Thanks for giving me the name of the cap, I had one of those in mind but didn't know what to call it. I might feel a bit strange wearing it though, but it might be useful at home or at any outside event to make me more aware of my head! lol.