NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   10 mins thats all it took - Grandsons 6th birthday (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/178034-10-mins-thats-grandsons-6th-birthday.html)

sospan 10-14-2012 10:38 AM

10 mins thats all it took - Grandsons 6th birthday

It was my grandson's 6th birthday this afternoon, 30 kids, bouncy castle, party in a new location the size of the Gymnasium.

10 mins that's all it took to go past saturation point. Sitting in the kitchen area typing this to keep myself from blanking out. I am lucky everyone is distracted and can't see me.

Thought I was doing quite well of late.

andromeda 10-14-2012 12:44 PM

It only took 10 minutes of my rude and obnoxious housemate being back for me to turn into a homicidal maniac.

30 children... best keep hiding.

Mark in Idaho 10-14-2012 01:53 PM

been there, done that.

Experience is a good but rough teacher.

My best to you.

Theta Z 10-14-2012 01:58 PM

Dear sospan & andromeda,

:( Ah, my heart goes out to ya both. I so well understand.
I dunno how I would ever manage, if I had child/ren, and/or housemate.
I have great respect, appreciation, compassion for those of you who are 'dealing with all this' with a family.

While I have no remaining family, no help or support in that way, I'm also mindful that I haven't the added stressors that come with that 'benefit'.
Then again, mind you, living with only myself is no picnic either ... ha ha.
;) However, I am learning, day by day, one day at a time, to reach-out and in whatever way I may.

Thinking of you and sending you good health & healing. Keep us posted.

Sincerely,
Theta ;)

sospan 10-14-2012 03:48 PM

Thanks all, paracetemol, warm drink and some peace and I am getting there.

Expected a little discomfort but not to be dibilitated like that. Honestly you could have done anything to me this afternoon and I couldn't have resisted.

Theta Z 10-14-2012 07:04 PM

sospan and andromeda,

Glad you each made it through the day, and hopefully you're getting some good rest this evening, and a good, healing night's sleep.

Theta ;)

andromeda 10-14-2012 07:25 PM

Thank you, Theta

It's 1.30am here and I'm still awake, but it's just so nice to have silence for the first time all day.

sospan 10-15-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andromeda (Post 922594)
Thank you, Theta

It's 1.30am here and I'm still awake, but it's just so nice to have silence for the first time all day.

Trouble sleeping?

andromeda 10-15-2012 06:49 AM

Yes, I finally drifted off at 4 and woke at 7. You know that saying, running on empty..?

sospan 10-15-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andromeda (Post 922711)
Yes, I finally drifted off at 4 and woke at 7. You know that saying, running on empty..?

I went through that phase awake until the early hours then up first thing. Strange thing that although I was tired / not much energy I couldn't sleep