NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Leg and body pain @ nites (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/178198-leg-body-pain-nites.html)

PRgirl53 10-16-2012 10:30 PM

Leg and body pain @ nites

How do you control MG the pain in your body and specially in your legs during the night. I believe that is from all the walking and errands done during the day. What should I do? How much aches or pain can you or I tolerate? I take mestinon only twice a day.

Ashleigh 10-17-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRgirl53 (Post 923261)
How do you control MG the pain in your body and specially in your legs during the night. I believe that is from all the walking and errands done during the day. What should I do? How much aches or pain can you or I tolerate? I take mestinon only twice a day.

Thanks for posting this topic! I have just been a very interested observer on this site so far but I had to comment on this one!

I suffer leg pain at night. It's so frustrating. Mainly the lower leg and usually when I've done a little bit of walking. I'm lucky unless I'm really fatigued I can walk about 1/2 hour without problems. My symptoms are upper body, mouth and eyes. But my problem is that while I can walk ok without problem I seem to pay for it at night. Why??!! I try and walk as its good for me mentally, keeps my weight stable and as I'm on Prednisolone other nasties away. I used to love long, long walks and accept that maybe I won't be able to do that again but I so want to walk at least 30 mins a day.

StephC 10-17-2012 10:28 AM

I too have leg pain, especially at night. It seems to be more pronounced when i lay down, as if gravity is somehow lessening the pain (maybe blood flow issue?)

Re dealing with i use hot and or ice compresses and i take 2 alleve everyday for aches and pains in general

jana 10-17-2012 01:34 PM

I take one or two Arthritis Strength Tylenol EVERY night or my legs keep me awake. :( My pain is always in my lower legs, too.

southblues 10-17-2012 06:35 PM

I was taking 2 ibuprofen tablets every night, but my neurologist got all worried and said that it was horrible to take that much. Does anybody know if ibuprofen will kill you?

PRgirl53 10-18-2012 06:07 AM

Leg aches or pain

I assume that is from what you did during the day. Walking or any activity done cause the issue. That it is my personal opinnion. To Southblues, I am not sure but is not bad for your stomach? I take neurontín @ nights. But I have read is bad for MG. Even with neurontin I can have a strong pain that wont go or let me sleep.

southblues 10-18-2012 08:27 AM

It doesn't bother my stomach. He is convinced that daily ibuprofen will cause kidney failure. I have never had any bad kidney tests.

neutro 10-18-2012 11:55 AM

My leg pains are inversely proportional to the amount of liquid I have absorbed during the day...
Maurice.

StephC 10-18-2012 06:59 PM

More liquid, less pain or opposite?

PRgirl53 10-19-2012 07:11 AM

Leg Pain-aches

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutro (Post 923725)
My leg pains are inversely proportional to the amount of liquid I have absorbed during the day...
Maurice.

I do not know, my pain is related to Myasthenia Gravis. Do you have Myasthenia Gravis? I gained lots of weight from some medications including prednisone, and since I am losing weight dieting I am not swelling in my legs. Also I used to have swelling from sodas, specially diet coke.