NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   To Annie, (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/178210-annie.html)

alice md 10-17-2012 02:11 AM

To Annie,

Just wanted to thank you for helping me understand quite a few things.

:Thanx:

And I believe I am not the only one who feels that way.

StephC 10-17-2012 05:36 AM

Ditto that - again glad you are back!

Steph

jana 10-17-2012 01:10 PM

Yep, I agree. GREAT to have you back!!

Love the way your mind works.

Still marveling over the absolutely logical statement you made a week or two ago..................something along the lines of docs saying MG is a progressive, debilitating disorder WHEN they are doing research, but the rest of the time telling us and the world it easily controlled and allows for a "normal" life. WHY didn't my stoopid brain ever "catch" this??????

Again, LOVE how your mind works!!!

Also, SOOOOOO appreciate how you give of yourself to help others. Typing long replies with lots of info cannot be easy -- but, you help more than you'll ever know. I'm sure that there are MANY who visit, learn from you, and never utter a word in the forum.

FREDH 10-17-2012 02:01 PM

To Annie

I may have read this wrong, but I have a question. Did I understand you folks to say that MG is progessive, and that we are told it is not, or did I get that wrong. I am fairly new to MG and had not heard that. I always read and heard that after about 3 years or so, it was usually as bad as it would get. I have had symptoms for 3 years or so, and mostly mild compared to what I read here that some of you go through. Only confirmed about 6 mos ago. So, just a question about what to expect.
Thanks for any answers
FREDH

christa 10-17-2012 02:18 PM

Yes! Annie, I am one of probably many who has been learning from you without you knowing it. Thank you.

southblues 10-17-2012 06:38 PM

Fred, I hope somebody answers that. I am in the same boat that you are in. I can live like this though I wish I were better. I don't want to go on if I am bedridden on a respirator.

What my understanding is this:

Some people get better.
Some people stay the same.
Others get worse.

I hope that it won't get worse.

christa 10-17-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southblues (Post 923523)

Some people get better.
Some people stay the same.
Others get worse.

I hope that it won't get worse.

Celeste, I hope you get better!

My (limited, I know) experience over the last 2 years has been:
better, worse, better, worse, better, worse

And today:
better, worse, better, worse

And maybe that won't come across right. It's kind of a joke... kind of. I'm having one of those months were if I don't laugh I'll cry, and I've been doing plenty of both.

jana 10-17-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FREDH (Post 923436)
I may have read this wrong, but I have a question. Did I understand you folks to say that MG is progessive, and that we are told it is not, or did I get that wrong. I am fairly new to MG and had not heard that. I always read and heard that after about 3 years or so, it was usually as bad as it would get. I have had symptoms for 3 years or so, and mostly mild compared to what I read here that some of you go through. Only confirmed about 6 mos ago. So, just a question about what to expect.
Thanks for any answers
FREDH

Fred, here is a previous thread that may answer your question:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread163420.html

BTW, I was diagnosed in 2005 with bulbar MG -- probably have had MG since at least 2003. I just developed severe double vision this past year (Fall of 2011). So, the 3 year time limit of progression certainly didn't apply in my case. :confused:

FREDH 10-18-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana (Post 923547)
Fred, here is a previous thread that may answer your question:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread163420.html

BTW, I was diagnosed in 2005 with bulbar MG -- probably have had MG since at least 2003. I just developed severe double vision this past year (Fall of 2011). So, the 3 year time limit of progression certainly didn't apply in my case. :confused:

Thanks jana,
That was a lot of help. It backs up what I had heard, but, also leaves it a little open ended. I do not feel that my symptoms have changed, but suppose there could be a least some periods of worse symptoms. Hope Not!!!
Thanks FREDH

Anacrusis 10-23-2012 02:33 PM

Where´s Annie?

Hey Annie :)

If you are on holiday I hope you get sunshine.....:sunchair:

If you are sick I hope you feel better soon......:Sick:

If you are having fun can I join you?........:Trapeze 2:

If you are writing a new book can I get a copy?......:Writting:

If you decided to go back to school can I copy off your notes?.....:Clever:

If you are not loosing weight could I join you?.......:pizza:

If you are grumpy can you forgive us with your prize winning sense of humor?! :Crazy 2: :winner_first_h4h:

Many hugs from Anacrusis