NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Community & Forum Feedback (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/)
-   -   New "Health News Headlines" Forum (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/1785-health-news-headlines-forum.html)

kimmydawn 09-26-2006 09:26 PM

New "Health News Headlines" Forum

Thanks, Doc John!!! I love it!!!

KD

Thelma 09-26-2006 09:57 PM

What is it supposed to be? Why so many posts there? Are we supposed to think for ourselves or be programmed.

He also repeats the same post again.

I have in my life never seen such a thing. lol

I just don't get what is going on here.'

kimmydawn 09-26-2006 10:04 PM

I think there might've been a glitch in entering the threads...mistakes can, and do, happen. :)

That said, it's bits of various health news that some might be interested in...in one spot. I think it's very nice and may prove very informative for those who have interest.

Certainly no one has to read that doesn't have an interest, but I personally find it a great option. :) Will I have interest in every thread? No. However, I have interest in several already.

Thanks!

KD

Thelma 09-26-2006 10:22 PM

Guess I have never been in a mental health forum before and I don't know how it works.

I assume it is going to be a partner to his other forum as the leads go back there on the ones I read.

This is so different from what I am used to that it has me befuddled.

I am used to rules in print not made up as we go along and left to chance or change in a minute.

To tell the truth save for the moderators I liked Braintalk and the system used there.

This is as John says going to take a long time to build and I never had a doubt that it would not be permanent from the beginning. The fact that BT1 went down and this one sprang up can't be compared by the membership here as these people had no choice but to come here.

As they have and appear to like the situation I wish it would become more stable for them to know just what is going on.

I have myself in the unseen group because of the emails I have gotten I can't get around to answering them all and really I don't have the answers for them.

My email is out there and many know it.

Have to go ow but will read tomorrow

thanks for responding so fast

kimmydawn 09-26-2006 10:48 PM

As they have and appear to like the situation I wish it would become more stable for them to know just what is going on.

Well said, Thelma, and thank you. Yes, I think that's a goal for so many here and certainly many are working very hard to achieve just that.

Thanks again,

KD

Idealist 09-26-2006 10:53 PM

I like the health news. I usually go on-line and look up the headlines myself at least once a week, so maybe it'll save me some effort. :)

pam* 09-26-2006 11:05 PM

I like it !
Obviously I wont read every single article but it gives me a ton of stuff to choose from and I will always find something that interests me.
Thanks !
:D

Curious 09-26-2006 11:07 PM

great forum

what a fantastic time saver! so much info all in one place.

thank you docjohn!

mrsD 09-27-2006 02:15 AM

This is a great idea!

This is my main interest on the internet!

Am I correct in assuming, we are free to respond to the items, and
discuss them too? Can we all post on the new forum?

Thanks for making forum DocJohn!

DocJohn 09-27-2006 05:33 AM

These are simply automated news feeds from sources throughout the net, including Topix, Yahoo and Psych Central right now. If you come across a feed you find helpful, let me know and I'll add it to the list. Thanks!

John