NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   antibody test (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/178642-antibody-test.html)

cait24 10-24-2012 07:21 AM

antibody test

How long does it take to get the antibody test back? Is it done so rarely that you have to wait a long time? It has been almost a week and I have no results yet.
Trying to be patient in limbo,
kathie

rogerm213 10-24-2012 07:58 AM

Mine came back in about a week. They sent it off to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester I believe for processing.

4-eyes 10-24-2012 08:56 AM

Just give the doc office a call. It might be sitting there, or you can ask when they think the results might arrive. Since you had a lot of testing done, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 2 weeks (or maybe even longer, sad to say.)

cait24 10-24-2012 09:29 AM

My HMO network posts all my medical info including test results online. I can see the regular chem metabolic results are back but no antibody results are posted yet. I was wondering if the regular labs rountinely did this test or they had to send it to a special lab.

I hope it is back by my neuro appointment next week or I think I should re-schedule it.

Thanks for the feedback
kathie

Anacrusis 10-24-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cait24 (Post 925321)
How long does it take to get the antibody test back? Is it done so rarely that you have to wait a long time? It has been almost a week and I have no results yet.
Trying to be patient in limbo,
kathie

This will not be in your case but where I live in Europe it took 3 months!!!!
You know why? Because the fridge had to be full of potential myasthenic samples before being sent off to the lab, and it takes a long time to fill that fridge for some strange reason. The healthcare system is great some places in Europe - that is - until you get sick!!!!

Good luck - hope you get some confirmations soon :)

cait24 10-24-2012 08:00 PM

Anacrusis, that exactly what I was afraid of. I am concerned my blood sample is stuck is some refrigerator waiting for a dozen more prospective MG patient samples before being tested. I will give it another week and hope they sent it to a specialty lab.

kathie

Stellatum 10-24-2012 08:35 PM

Don't give up hope, Kathie! Mine took three weeks, and I read here, at the time, that that was typical.

Abby

christa 10-24-2012 09:26 PM

Abby that's what my projected wait time was as well, three weeks-if I remember correctly (which is almost an oxymoron).

Two more weeks Kathie, torture isn't it?

Anacrusis 10-25-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cait24 (Post 925576)
Anacrusis, that exactly what I was afraid of. I am concerned my blood sample is stuck is some refrigerator waiting for a dozen more prospective MG patient samples before being tested. I will give it another week and hope they sent it to a specialty lab.

kathie

Oh I´m so sorry Kathie!!! I should have told you that story after your results came back! :Doh: Anacrusis....

Lesmom96 10-25-2012 09:50 AM

It took me 2 and half weeks to get my antibody test results back. I saw on the report that they were sent out to a lab in Utah 2 days after the blood was drawn. I live in Michigan.