NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSDI Short Review Form (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/178903-ssdi-short-review-form.html)

Hugapug 10-28-2012 02:01 PM

SSDI Short Review Form

Hello,
I am 59 years old. Been on disability since I was 48. Had one long SSDI Review at age 49. Got the SSA-455-OCR-SM form the other day. I have since my original disability (which has not improved) also developed an additional disability and am considering surgery for. My last 3 medical visits were for the new disability. So I used the 3 questions that you answer in the Blocks for the new condition, because the form instuctions are not clear that way. Now I want to know if computer does kick out to a person, will I automatically have to go through long reevaluation review or will someone call me to clarify? I did explain in the comment area that my original disability had not changed but that my last 3 doctor visits were for my subsequent condition. I wondered also, since I am not a "spring chicken" anymore either, if that would work in my favor for not having to go through a long review. Thanks for any info that anyone can give.

gilbert 11-02-2012 08:47 PM

short review form

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugapug (Post 926751)
Hello,
I am 59 years old. Been on disability since I was 48. Had one long SSDI Review at age 49. Got the SSA-455-OCR-SM form the other day. I have since my original disability (which has not improved) also developed an additional disability and am considering surgery for. My last 3 medical visits were for the new disability. So I used the 3 questions that you answer in the Blocks for the new condition, because the form instuctions are not clear that way. Now I want to know if computer does kick out to a person, will I automatically have to go through long reevaluation review or will someone call me to clarify? I did explain in the comment area that my original disability had not changed but that my last 3 doctor visits were for my subsequent condition. I wondered also, since I am not a "spring chicken" anymore either, if that would work in my favor for not having to go through a long review. Thanks for any info that anyone can give.

pug,generally speaking the short form is usually sent to people who's disabling condition's are not likely to improve.the long form is sent to people who's conditions are likely or expected to improve depending on the diary/

LIT LOVE 11-03-2012 06:26 PM

My guess is you'll be sent the long form, which is what generally most want to avoid. If you do, treat it as seriously as your initial application. There are many threads that discuss how to avoid the long form, but you've already sent it so...