NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Tourette Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/tourette-syndrome/)
-   -   Tourettes,OCD,Anxiety (https://www.neurotalk.org/tourette-syndrome/179003-tourettes-ocd-anxiety.html)

Tam_TS_Son 10-30-2012 03:12 AM

Tourettes,OCD,Anxiety

Hi all,

I have just joined Neuro Talk. I am here looking for advice and some people to chat to about Tourettes, OCD and Anxiety. My son is 11 years old and has been diagnosed with these things. I am battling terribly with his moods and outbursts and behaviour. Im here to get as much information as i can and learn more about these things and for support for parents who know what i am going through.

Thanx

Chemar 11-11-2012 09:30 PM

Hi Tam
sorry you didn't get a reply yet and hope you are still checking in.

I would encourage you to read the threads at the top of this forum ...marked "sticky". There is a lot of helpful info there.

I hope things are settling some for your son.

Do you have a family history of TS?

psantari 02-04-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam_TS_Son (Post 927165)
Hi all,

I have just joined Neuro Talk. I am here looking for advice and some people to chat to about Tourettes, OCD and Anxiety. My son is 11 years old and has been diagnosed with these things. I am battling terribly with his moods and outbursts and behaviour. Im here to get as much information as i can and learn more about these things and for support for parents who know what i am going through.

Thanx

We can chat. My husband and 3 boys have Tourettes. This site is new to me as well. Looking forward to hearing from you.

psantari 02-04-2013 12:41 PM

I too have children with TS. I am new with this site and am working to navigate through it. I would appreciate knowing if you received this reply. I have learned so much about TS and would be willing to share.

Chemar 02-05-2013 11:05 AM

Hello and welcome to you psantari. :)

My youngest son inherited TS from his father/grandfather etc
He is a young adult now and thankfully the TS is a very minor factor in his life now.

We look forward to getting to know you.

Delphinium 02-09-2013 12:03 PM

I can share the experience of a 40 year old man who has suffered from anxiety all his life. His doctor put him on two pharmaceuticals (sorry, don't know which... the most common, probably), but he didn't like the side effects, nor were they very effective. Then he did online searching, and ended up buying a Cranial Electro Stimulator (Fisher Wallace in his case), which had a night-and-day effect. He is so glad he found this. I'm sure other manufacturers might work as well. Also, I think tDCS (transcranial direct current stimulation) might be even more effective, but cannot be purchased directly.

psantari 04-17-2013 09:58 AM

I have 3 kids with Tourette Syndrome. I am pretty darn educated about this disorder and would be willing to help any way I can.

psantari 04-17-2013 10:00 AM

i am trying to answer you . I don't quite get this computer thing. My husband also has TS but more mild. We have trouble with many aspects of our kids' lives. Social emotional well being along with academic issues. Where do you live?

Hudsmom 05-18-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psantari (Post 975923)
I have 3 kids with Tourette Syndrome. I am pretty darn educated about this disorder and would be willing to help any way I can.

Hi. I'm new to all of this and reading as many threads that I can and came across your response. My son is having a very hard time going to asleep at night because of some of his tics. Any advice:confused:

Chemar 05-18-2013 08:29 PM

welcome Hudsmom :)

We found Epsom Salts baths in the evening before bed to be so helpful....the magnesium sulfate not only helps to promote restful sleep, but the magnesium itself is a known TS tic reducer. There is also a good detox effect.
2 cups epsom salts in a warm tub full of water...soak 15 - 20 min (don't rinse off so shower first to get clean and then soak is what we found best)