NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   Autologous bone graft from chin - noticeable inner scar? (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/179330-autologous-bone-graft-chin-noticeable-inner-scar.html)

capsula4 11-06-2012 01:35 AM

Autologous bone graft from chin - noticeable inner scar?

1 Attachment(s)
As I already commented on the thread Exposed bone graft, I had been done an autologous bone graft 5 weeks ago. The bone was taken from my chin.

I have noticed so many "inattentions" on the procedure that now I doubt of almost everything I had been done.

I attach a picture of the healing of the donor site, which I personally found quite rare. It is not smooth at all, I thought the procedure wouldn't keep any scar, or just a small one, but I find it pretty noticeable.

Also, that area now seems to be "less deeper" than the rest of the lower jaw, like if the sutures were placed higher than usual.

The surgeon made the firstly 4 stitches using absorbable sutures, and since he ran out of that suture, he made then 3 more stitches with non-abosrbable suture.

A final curiosity: I noticed he used a different instrument for the donor site (it smelled like burned) than the one he used for the upper flap (kind of a razor, not sure). Is this normal?

Bryanna 11-06-2012 09:57 PM

capsula,

This area will heal more in time. The incision line usually ends up very faint... almost non existent.

Too early to tell what the outcome will be.

Bryanna

OTE=capsula4;929106]As I already commented on the thread Exposed bone graft, I had been done an autologous bone graft 5 weeks ago. The bone was taken from my chin.

I have noticed so many "inattentions" on the procedure that now I doubt of almost everything I had been done.

I attach a picture of the healing of the donor site, which I personally found quite rare. It is not smooth at all, I thought the procedure wouldn't keep any scar, or just a small one, but I find it pretty noticeable.

Also, that area now seems to be "less deeper" than the rest of the lower jaw, like if the sutures were placed higher than usual.

The surgeon made the firstly 4 stitches using absorbable sutures, and since he ran out of that suture, he made then 3 more stitches with non-abosrbable suture.

A final curiosity: I noticed he used a different instrument for the donor site (it smelled like burned) than the one he used for the upper flap (kind of a razor, not sure). Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

capsula4 11-08-2012 02:27 AM

Once again, thanks a lot! :D

steve123 03-04-2013 04:00 PM

Hi hows is your chin and tooth now since the operation?? im having a chin graft and seriously worried about it.

Thanks
Steve