NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Which one is worst? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/179827-worst.html)

kicker 11-16-2012 09:49 AM

Which one is worst?

Vote for one you dislike most

Erin524 11-16-2012 10:39 PM

you need an "All of the above" to vote for. I hate them all.

Lynn 11-17-2012 07:43 AM

How many times can we vote??? When people say 'oh but you look so good'....I like....'well, you should have seen me BEFORE the operation'..... or .... 'but you look so smart, so who knows?'

Kitty 11-17-2012 10:02 AM

You know what's the worst for me? When I'm feeling really good and think I'm looking okay then someone comes up with that sympathetic look on their face and says "you're havin' a bad day, aren't you?". Kinda bursts whatever little bit of a bubble you had! :(

SallyC 11-17-2012 11:28 AM

Yes Kelly or "You poor thing" :rolleyes::mad:

Kitty 11-17-2012 11:37 AM

C'mere Sally.......:Wheel:

:D

ewizabeth 11-18-2012 12:33 PM

Last night at the ER the doctor was asking me about the MS while stitching my finger. He looked so sad when I told him that all I really have energy for is working then coming home to rest. I told him that it could be much worse and that I am grateful for what I have. All the folks in the ER were miffed that I'd driven myself there though. :rolleyes: Such is my life though. I think it keeps me strong to have to be self reliant.

Kitty 11-18-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 932686)
I think it keeps me strong to have to be self reliant.

That's a great attitude, Wiz. :) I know if my DH were still alive he'd be trying to do everything for me....which sounds nice but really handicaps you more in the long run. I'm very self-sufficient and I think it's helping keep me strong (er). I feel less vulnerable.

Erin524 11-18-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 932686)
Last night at the ER the doctor was asking me about the MS while stitching my finger. He looked so sad when I told him that all I really have energy for is working then coming home to rest. I told him that it could be much worse and that I am grateful for what I have. All the folks in the ER were miffed that I'd driven myself there though. :rolleyes: Such is my life though. I think it keeps me strong to have to be self reliant.

why were they miffed that you drove yourself to the ER? How else were you supposed to get there?

ewizabeth 11-18-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 932744)
why were they miffed that you drove yourself to the ER? How else were you supposed to get there?

They know that I have a husband at home who is capable of driving me. He'd gotten pretty much wasted at the family reunion poker table though. He also tried to talk me into waiting a day or two for getting stitches, so I just drove myself because I didn't want to keep breaking the wound open at work. It never would have healed properly without stitches because it was so deep.