NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Battery Life (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/180048-battery-life.html)

Rrae 11-21-2012 01:56 PM

Battery Life

My dear fellow buzzers and soon-to-be buzzers...

I'd like to know how long your battery(s) have lasted, for those veterans who've had yours long enuf to need changed.
And if you still have your first one or are waiting to get your implant, what has your Dr or Rep told you about the life of the battery.

I'm just curious and hoping to get an average expectancy of these things. Of course, some of it will depend on how much you run your unit and how high your amplitude runs.

Thanks!
Rae
:grouphug:

anon21816 11-21-2012 02:06 PM

Hulloooo

Hi Rrae

I have my battery 2 years, well it was faulty after 6 months, so suppose this one is only really 20 months:D but I met my Consultant in the supermarket one day, of all places!!!!!

He asked how I was etc and he remarked that he would hope that I get anything from 7/10 years out of my battery. Imagine that. Wouldn't it be fantastic. But as you say depends how you use it and look after it too.

Great thread though :cool:

Hope your keeping well.

Jackie :hug:

Rrae 11-21-2012 02:43 PM

Yes, Jackie

I immediately thought of you as I was typing that post!
What a time you had to go thru! 6 months and your battery petered out on ya. Like you really needed THAT. :rolleyes:

7-10 years sounds wonderful! Since I've only got the ONE lead pulling juice from my battery, I'm thinking maybe it will last even longer ? One can only hope so!

Mark56 11-21-2012 03:48 PM

The Everlasting Battery Chinchilla

Uhhhhh Yup, what we have around here is a real case of Everlasting Batteryitis. The just keep buzzing and buzzing......

Maybe, just maybe I will never need surgery again at all because this two plus year old battery will last until I am planted.

Yup,
Mark56:D

Spiney95 11-21-2012 10:37 PM

When I saw the surgeon last week, he said the battery for the addaptive interstim. lasted five years. I am guessing that he is assuming this is because you buzz 24/7 with the device making the appropriate adjustments as one changes position or activity. I, too, will be a butt buzzer. The belly is totally off limits in his opinion. All of my weight gain has been in that area. He believes that once I am up on my feet, standing errect and walking again, the core will begin to strengthen and the belly will become smaller. My posture is currently rather bizzare due to compensating for the pain when in an upright position. Looking forward to lots of postive changes in the future.

Mark56 11-22-2012 04:48 AM

I will second that motion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiney95 (Post 933723)
When I saw the surgeon last week, he said the battery for the addaptive interstim. lasted five years. I am guessing that he is assuming this is because you buzz 24/7 with the device making the appropriate adjustments as one changes position or activity. I, too, will be a butt buzzer. The belly is totally off limits in his opinion. All of my weight gain has been in that area. He believes that once I am up on my feet, standing errect and walking again, the core will begin to strengthen and the belly will become smaller. My posture is currently rather bizzare due to compensating for the pain when in an upright position. Looking forward to lots of postive changes in the future.

Hi Spine! I am in great hopes you will have and experience much positive change through your SCS! Adaptive stim, here you come!
Prayin,
Mark56:hug:

Spiney95 11-22-2012 06:33 AM

I know I sound like a broken record but.....

I find it soooooooooo ironic that Medicare will pay for this expensive gizmo but would not pay for a needed celiac pannel. Give it up, Spiney ;) Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :D:hug:

Hannabananna 11-22-2012 06:43 AM

battery life

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiney95 (Post 933723)

good morning Spiney,
I too carry belly fat...I am very pleased with my battery in the center (a bit to the r) of my Right butt cheek.

Rae...I only "buzz" 12 out of 24....maybe 5 out of 7days and have it programed @720 upright and @620 laying down...it is set it and forget it. The doc and rep both think my Medtronic Adaptive Stim Battery should last 9 years.

I have just begun my positive changes now that I have an "all ok" from the surgeon and 4 xrays that I looked at.... So just now the thought comes to my head that since viewing the xrays and seeing it in me...I have a "kinder" attitude towards it...interesting...hmmm.
I am looking forward again too!!
all my best
Being Light & Love
Johanna*:cool:

Rrae 11-24-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiney95 (Post 933757)
I find it soooooooooo ironic that Medicare will pay for this expensive gizmo but would not pay for a needed celiac pannel. Give it up, Spiney ;) Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :D:hug:

You never sound like a broken record, Spine! Some things bare repeating. Sometimes I feel as tho I sound like a broken record, but there's always someone new happening along who will take that with them as a nugget of wisdom.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it :D

Rrae 11-24-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannabananna (Post 933758)
Rae...I only "buzz" 12 out of 24....maybe 5 out of 7days and have it programed @720 upright and @620 laying down...it is set it and forget it. The doc and rep both think my Medtronic Adaptive Stim Battery should last 9 years.

Johanna*:cool:

Thank you Johanna! So, I'm gathering from what I'm reading that the 7-10 yr would be a good average to go by. That's good to know.

I'm gonna stalk Pooh until I get HER input :p. I believe she's on her 3rd battery