NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   running out of methods of cope (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/180187-running-methods-cope.html)

Yellowfever 11-25-2012 11:16 PM

running out of methods of cope

I am trying these life skills class to help me better control my triggers and target behaviors. I am running out of options to better control my emotional mind. I am trying to focus on the now but I am just struggling.

I am repeatively putting myself down mentally, and doing horrible at work. Today was just an awful day that getting away from it is not even working. I keep crying a lot for days now. Feeling miserable. I try so hard to use the skills they teach me but I feel it is not working. I feel depressed.

And I have a new thing where at night I hear voices in my head, before sleeping. I hear shouting. Are they r.e.ms? I am a bit frightened.
i have not had this before. I am on medicine lamictal 225mg and 1/4 clonopin.

Anything I should try to calm down. I am drinking chamomile tea but it is not enough.

Thank you
Sharla

bizi 11-25-2012 11:24 PM

hi sharla,
I am sorry that you are struggling right now.
bizi

bizi 11-25-2012 11:29 PM

Are you working with a therapist? Are you in an out patient therapy group? can you call them tomorrow or will you see them soon?
tell me more about the help that you are getting.
I have to take an antipsychotic medication to stay stable. it is called geodon.
I also take 1mg of klonipin at night to sleep. and am taking 200 mg of lamictal at night.
these meds keep me stable for the most part...except when I drank too much and made me manic.
again I am sorry it is so hard right now. be strong, you will get thru this. is hubby being supportive?
bizi

Yellowfever 11-25-2012 11:45 PM

hi bizi

Hubby is very supportive of me. Very thankful for that. I just want my brain under control. Or to at least make my brain shut up. I was on anti psychotic abilify. But I end up with akethesia. Other wise I would of liked to stay put on it. Thanks bizi, good to hear from you. You have a cute cat.

Dmom3005 11-25-2012 11:49 PM

Sharla

Sounds like you need to try a different anti psychotic medicine for one.
If the abilify helped to a degree. I would definately give your doctor
a call.

I hope you get some help soon.

Donna:grouphug::hug:

Brokenfriend 11-25-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowfever (Post 934519)
I am trying these life skills class to help me better control my triggers and target behaviors. I am running out of options to better control my emotional mind. I am trying to focus on the now but I am just struggling.

I am repeatively putting myself down mentally, and doing horrible at work. Today was just an awful day that getting away from it is not even working. I keep crying a lot for days now. Feeling miserable. I try so hard to use the skills they teach me but I feel it is not working. I feel depressed.

And I have a new thing where at night I hear voices in my head, before sleeping. I hear shouting. Are they r.e.ms? I am a bit frightened.
i have not had this before. I am on medicine lamictal 225mg and 1/4 clonopin.

Anything I should try to calm down. I am drinking chamomile tea but it is not enough.

Thank you
Sharla

Hi Sharla I'm sorry that you are going through a painful time. It sounds like a emotional upheaval. Has anything made you upset,or angry in the last couple of months?

I'm so sorry that you are hurting. I really am. Do you have a pdoc that you can talk to tomorrow morning for a appointment. The voices may be temporary. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 11-26-2012 12:10 AM

They put me on abilify,and it didn't work. Then they put me on seroquel,and it worked. It's strong medication though. BF:hug::grouphug::grouphug::hug::smileypray:

yohami 11-26-2012 12:20 AM

New Here

Low self esteem is a very addictive form of power. Not to anybody but yourself, although the closest ones to you also feel the pain. As the nurturing hearts approach teaches, ignore the negative and strongly reinforce the positives in your life. I don't know you, but I can clearly see that you are a comforter for others before yourself, and you need to remember to care for yourself in that same manner! I know that one from experience. There are many people who love you, and care about you as much as you do for them. Take care, Girl! :grouphug:

Mari 11-26-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

And I have a new thing where at night I hear voices in my head, before sleeping. I hear shouting. Are they r.e.ms?

My old pdoc called this "Pre-Sleep-Dreaming."
Once I started on Klonopin, they mostly went away.

Skills they teach you in class can help somewhat but they are not substitutes for good medications.

Are you trying to get pregnant?

M

Mari 11-26-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

better control my triggers and target behaviors. I am running out of options to better control my emotional mind.

Hi, Sharla,

What kind of life skills class is this? It sounds like B.S. to me.
You need to be on better and stronger medications.
Call the pdoc or go to the hospital.
I am very sorry that you are going through this.

M