NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Yet another dissapointment (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/180792-dissapointment.html)

doydie 12-08-2012 09:00 PM

Yet another dissapointment

My husband for years has got me excited I was going to go somewhere, get something, etc then at the last minute backed out of it. I have self diagnosed myself as having sciatica. I do have lower back problems diagnosed on my last lumbar MRI. But it is so difficult for me to get in a comfortable position and sleep at night. So I wanted to look at the sleep number bed. I'm not wanting the big fancy ones. I don't need a pillow top. My present bed has a pillow top and I hate it. I am obese, have self image issues and really don't buy new clothes because I hate looking at myself in the mirror in the changing room and how I look in those 2x clothes. Whenever DH and I have a big arguement he usually buys me something to make up for it. He doens't know how to say I love you and it's his way. Anyway he told me to go out and spend about one grand to buy some new clothes. I'm on this diet and loosing weight and I think it's impractical to buy that much in clothes when I'm loosing weight. So this bed is also $1000. When we went and looked at it he asked if we could just use my present box springs. The salesman said no and showed us what they have under the mattress. So he then asked if it would work if we just put some plywood on my box springs. Salesman said he huesses so but I reminded him that plywood would have to be covered very well. So DH showed reluctance to be willing to do that and we walked out. Now I am still a 2x, unhappy about it and in pain. And really mad.

SallyC 12-08-2012 10:13 PM

Give him the silent treatment until he says ok..:D

ewizabeth 12-08-2012 11:43 PM

call up and order it. you're losing weight and deserve a gift. tell him when they knock at the door to deliver it. :hug: he'll get over it.

doydie 12-09-2012 12:12 AM

I just got confused by some one on another forum saying the memory foam bed is better. But I read reviews on it and it said that it makes people warmer and it's hard for heavy people to move around on it. I don't want either of those

Erin524 12-09-2012 02:19 AM

I used to have a memory foam mattress pad on my bed. When I first got it, it was great. Then about 3 or 4 months later, I had one of my first MS flares. I had numbness in my right hip. I ended up HATING that mattress pad because my numb areas couldnt stand laying on that mattress.

Not sure why it was suddenly so uncomfortable. It just was, and that was even through something like 3 or 4 layers of blankets that I would sleep on to try to pad the mattress pad.

kicker 12-09-2012 08:51 AM

My BIL has a bad back, he and his wife love the Sleep bed. A pillow top sounds too engulfing to me. I am not heavy but can't move much. We have 2 inch deep memory foam (do not find it hot) and I have satin fitted sheets with allows me some movement. They come in colors for use in "fun" bedrooms. This amuse me, one on now is a jewel blue, and I kind of like it!

Buy the whole sleep bed, don't try to reuse old stuff that could possible cause damage.

Clothes are best bought one or so at a time, when you see the right thing. All at once sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Kitty 12-09-2012 09:32 AM

I'm not sure what kind of insurance you have, Doydie, but could this purchase possibly be considered a medical necessity?

Seems like your husband would want to do whatever it took for you to be comfortable. You'd probably want to get it if HE needed it. :rolleyes:

Kitt 12-09-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doydie (Post 938014)
I just got confused by some one on another forum saying the memory foam bed is better. But I read reviews on it and it said that it makes people warmer and it's hard for heavy people to move around on it. I don't want either of those

Tried a memory foam topper. Couldn't stand it. It was hot. I couldn't turn over easily and I turn a lot. Like stuck in it. :( I am not heavy either. Off it went and back to the store. Just my experience.

doydie 12-09-2012 01:09 PM

It's all about the money with my husband although we have enough and we have talked about the fact that you can't take it with you.

SallyC 12-09-2012 01:42 PM

Ask the little tightwad if you're worth it?:mad:

Isn't some of that hard earned money yours?:rolleyes: