NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   HOLIDAY GREETINGS to all! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/181417-holiday-greetings.html)

mrsD 12-22-2012 08:14 AM

HOLIDAY GREETINGS to all!

Here is wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and a
promising prosperous New Year!

We all have our challenges as we age, and each one of us is on a different path but we all share this world, and I for one am relieved it did not "end" yesterday! ;)

Susanne C. 12-22-2012 09:47 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and the happiest, healthiest New Year possible under our varied circumstances.

Our youngest son (13) was adopted from Guatemala as an infant, and is a pure blooded Mayan. We have been teasing him that we didn't get him any presents since the world was going to end and it was the Mayans' fault. He doesn't believe this for a minute of course, since as the youngest and the one who still wants toys he gets the lion's share of presents, but we all had a little scare yesterday when the lights went out for absolutely no reason. We could still see lights in the development behind us, though, and they came on in about 15 minutes.

Since my pain is under better control, I too am glad to wake up this morning, and every morning.

Happy holidays to you all. This is a great forum, thanks to everyone.

mrsD 12-22-2012 09:57 AM

Our electricity went out briefly Thursday! The cats and I had a brief "freak" but they popped back on.

Here is a very very funny clip from an old old Lampoon Xmas
movie with Chevy Chase....
Anyone with pets, esp will appreciate it. Hubby and I are laughing it up this morning. See if you recognize some of the famous people in this clip! (1989)**naughty word warning..one at the very end**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdiXSsFp29s

UpNorth we've had the little red squirrels come in the cat door at times, and boy what a mess they will make in flash!
I was lying in bed one morning and one jumped over me and landed on the screened window, about 10 inches from my face!
I almost had a heart attack. LOL

Susanne... are you giving him a 2013 calendar this year? ;)

Rosie33 12-23-2012 03:52 AM

]Thank you Mrs. D and Susanne......wishing you and everyone at NeuroTalk a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy (Healthy) New Year.:grouphug:
May you always have Joy in your home, Love in your heart, and Peace in your world.

DawnD 12-23-2012 07:49 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone!

zygopetalum 12-23-2012 10:59 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone and thank you to this site for helping me figure out my neuropathy symptoms. Also for the computer help (no laughing! :D)

judi

malawigirl08 12-23-2012 06:52 PM

Merry Christmas, hope everyone has a pain free holiday.

en bloc 12-23-2012 09:18 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!! I'll be hoping all have a great day with family or friends, and most of all, with as little pain/discomfort as possible.

mrsD 12-25-2012 08:52 AM

Thanks everyone! Well today is THE day.

The Christmas Story is on all day on TBS cable. This is our favorite movie, narrated by Jean Shepherd himself (who wrote all the short stories that are grouped into this movie).
The nostalgia in this movie is very real to me. Even Ralphie's school looked like my elementary!

And there is a special Angry Birds on FB this morning with a wooden christmas tree!

I am making turkey today, my favorite. And we have just about an inch of snow making things pretty but not dangerous. Hubby and I are having a quiet Christmas at home today. We will be getting together with our son next weekend.

A good Christmas day all around! ;)

Sallysblooms 12-25-2012 07:44 PM

Merry Christmas to everyone. I am having the best Christmas I have had in many years. My Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Autonomic Neuropathy are both doing fantastic. I am so happy.

I hope you all have a better New Year!!!!!!!:D