NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Continous Chest Pains?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/181429-continous-chest-pains.html)

C_C_Fox 12-22-2012 04:33 PM

Continous Chest Pains??

PLEASE HELP

I am looking for answers to something I have been dealing with for over 21 years and I am getting nowhere with the VA or Military doctors.

I am getting chronic chest pains not in the center of my chest but on the lower outside of rib cage, they have dismissed it to be hay fever / allergies / asthma related and stating it is a Pre-existing condition.

I know many people that have asthma I have had some doctors say it is not asthma related but will not document it that way ( just saying unknown condition when they find out I was in Gulf War 1991 Jan and Feb).
They have so far dismissed it being Tietze Syndrome or costochondritis or anything related to Heart problem and no gas problem

I know it is not hay fever or asthma there is no shortness or restricted air flow it is a sharp pain in my chest that over time will radiate to my sides back neck and even upper chest and shoulders if pain gets bad enough I am always in constant pain so it is never gone just always there reminding me if I get stressed overworked pick something up wrong bend over wrong the it sais hello very loudly and at times it comes on by itself and the pain has put me to my knees

I need to know what this is. I feel I am in a loosing battle with them military and VA.

ashley_r310 12-22-2012 09:56 PM

My father has constant chest pains and they call it "Angina" not sure if this helps...pray it all works out.

:grouphug:Ashley:grouphug:

finz 12-22-2012 11:53 PM

Hi CC,

We are all also dealing with chronic pain. We aren't doctors who could possibly diagnose the problem after an examination.

Out of curiosity, though......How did they determine it is not Tietze Syndrome ? Do you have more pain when they press on that area ?

Have you EVER wheezed ? I'm not getting the asthma angle at all. mean, people can have issues with pleuritic chest pain while having an asthma attack or illness, but why would they think you're having pain there when you are not having symptoms of being SOB, wheezing, and retracting ?

Have you ever seen a non military/VA associated doctor about this ? I wonder if a fresh perspective (and not worrying about determining if the cause was service related) might help......if it's been 21 years worth of doctors, though, I doubt that would help.

Unfortunately, there are some people with some conditions that never get a definitve diagnosis. The bigger question is......Are your docs trying to help you manage the pain ?