NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   3 week headache, help! (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/181506-3-week-headache-help.html)

radi357 12-25-2012 01:23 PM

3 week headache, help!

i dont know where to turn. i have had this headache for 3 weeks know. had a very bad headache that lasted like 3 seconds, it was like being punched in the head. i went to the ER and a ct scan was done and showed up normal. was sent home. went to my doc 2 times and he will not run more tests, says its stress. since that 1st headache i now feel a pressing pressure on top of my head. it feels like someones thumb pressing. it comes and goes. in the mornings i am fine. later in the day it gets bad. more annoying than painful. i am just worried about it. could this be serious or is my anxiety taking over me? please help.

Peter B 12-27-2012 12:31 AM

Headache

We all jump to the conclusion or thought that something really bad is happening, but the odds are that it is not.

Your Dr has suggested stress. Have you discounted this? Having this headache will cause you stress, so it must be a factor.

My 25y + headaches, stress related, were eventually tracked down to very tight neck and shoulder muscles.

Stress from doing too much PC work, plus working to a high level and not pacing myself.

This was diagnosed as stress a long while back but there was no treatment offered, except a strong muscle relaxant, which i declined to take.

Far too long later, I found remedial massage relaxed the muscles and the headaches stopped.
Came back of course so i continued with massages for 2 years.

Now I take magnesium and that has stopped them almost entirely.

So give stress and tension a good looking at, I'd suggest.

cherylb 01-01-2013 05:56 PM

:):)
Quote:

Originally Posted by radi357 (Post 942204)
i dont know where to turn. i have had this headache for 3 weeks know. had a very bad headache that lasted like 3 seconds, it was like being punched in the head. i went to the ER and a ct scan was done and showed up normal. was sent home. went to my doc 2 times and he will not run more tests, says its stress. since that 1st headache i now feel a pressing pressure on top of my head. it feels like someones thumb pressing. it comes and goes. in the mornings i am fine. later in the day it gets bad. more annoying than painful. i am just worried about it. could this be serious or is my anxiety taking over me? please help.

This is my first post. I'm in search for answers, too. I have chronic migraines. They seemed to be mostly linked to the weather, but stress doesn't help. I talke imetrex & hydrocodone. I have started a headache diary at the request of my new neurologist. It helps me keep my sanity. I have had headaches for every day except 2 for the last 3 1/2 weeks. He also started me on topamax. The last 5-6 days, I have been awaking with headaches on a 8 out of 10 pain scale. Yesterday, the headache eased off, but is back today, but not too bad. Trying to understand what can make it better.
Good luck.

Magirose 05-22-2013 03:11 AM

With these painful long term headaches, is there any pain or stiffness in the neck?