NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Wheat Belly Cookbook (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/181622-wheat-belly-cookbook.html)

Sallysblooms 12-28-2012 10:00 PM

Wheat Belly Cookbook

I pre-ordered my Wheat Belly Cookbook last month and it arrived yesterday. Just got it yesterday. It is so good.

Stacy2012 12-28-2012 10:33 PM

I saw that book being talked about on a talk show one day and I googled it. Looks interesting and I bet I would feel better if I did it, but it seems so restrictive. My life, food, etc. is already so restrictive I don't know if I could do it.

Keep us posted how you do with it, and give us any tips about it, maybe I will get movtivated! ;)

Sallysblooms 12-28-2012 10:48 PM

You should see the recipes.:D I am NOT good at being restricted believe me! ha

Hubby and I are foodies! We are picky and love going out to eat and cooking. I will see what recipes are good and let you know. I have another book that is depressing, the recipes are awful. :eek:I do know what you are talking about.

I have made the most wonderful foods like cupcakes etc. No junk carbs. Just almond flour, coconut flour etc. Quality ingredients that are healthful and delish. Dark choc. is great also.

Hubby is an amazing home chef so it is wonderful to enjoy it all with him.

Stacy2012 12-28-2012 11:29 PM

wow lucky wife! I loveee my hubby and i am blessed, however, I would also love it if he could cook...anything, lol. He does steak and hot dogs, lol

let me know how it comes along with the cookbook, I need motivation.

Sallysblooms 12-29-2012 09:18 PM

The pancakes are wonderful. Almond flour, flaxseed flour, egg, olive oil, baking soda etc. We had it with venison sausage. Hubby put blueberries in them also. Perfect dinner. I love breakfast for dinner once in a while.

Stacy2012 12-29-2012 10:12 PM

Do you eat syrup?

I miss waffles.

Sallysblooms 12-29-2012 10:20 PM

You can get it sugar free, but we eat a small amount of real maple syrup. It has manganese and zinc. Not the fake syrups. We just use a small amount. Just like honey and coconut palm sugar, they have antioxidents etc. so they are good in small amounts. I use natural sugars, I like things my body can use. The sugar alcohols like Xylitol make me SO ill. I put real maple syrup in my oatmeal with apples, cinnamon and pecans. A little bit is all you need for a wonderul flavor.

Sallysblooms 12-29-2012 10:24 PM

I am looking forward to trying the crackers, breads, pizza...We have made them or bought them gfree but usually the ingredients are not healthful. We eat meat and lots of veggies of course. I have my smoothie every day. We love seafood like shrimp, scallops, salmon, YUM. Good sauces too.

DawnD 12-30-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sallysblooms (Post 943111)
I am looking forward to trying the crackers, breads, pizza...We have made them or bought them gfree but usually the ingredients are not healthful. We eat meat and lots of veggies of course. I have my smoothie every day. We love seafood like shrimp, scallops, salmon, YUM. Good sauces too.

Please let us know how the pizza is... I miss pizza. I cant go near the Italian market here because of all the good pizza places down there.

mrsD 12-30-2012 06:37 AM

I did GF for about 3 yrs. And I agree, the pizza is the hardest to give up.

I didn't see any major improvement for myself, on GF. It was fructose all along that was causing my GI spells. That and the nightshades. But I still eat very little gluten to this day...as it became a habit of sorts.