NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Foot Problems with SCS? (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/181753-foot-scs.html)

toesparkle 01-01-2013 08:14 PM

Foot Problems with SCS?

Hello all. I have fibromyalgia and had the trial implant put in on Thursday. The first couple days were hell, then it settled and I started to love it, but a couple days ago it started to migrate. I became incredibly sensitive, especially in my feet, and I have been ridiculously cold, though I generally run too hot. In fact, my are nearly numb from being so cold.

My question, then: Has anyone else experienced this, either with the trial or the permanent implant?

I'm really hoping it is due to the migration of the wire; I've already decided to go ahead with the implant, but I'd like to know what I'm in for or if there's anything that the doctor can do to prevent this.

Thanks so much in advance.

anon21816 01-02-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toesparkle (Post 943776)
Hello all. I have fibromyalgia and had the trial implant put in on Thursday. The first couple days were hell, then it settled and I started to love it, but a couple days ago it started to migrate. I became incredibly sensitive, especially in my feet, and I have been ridiculously cold, though I generally run too hot. In fact, my are nearly numb from being so cold.

My question, then: Has anyone else experienced this, either with the trial or the permanent implant?

I'm really hoping it is due to the migration of the wire; I've already decided to go ahead with the implant, but I'd like to know what I'm in for or if there's anything that the doctor can do to prevent this.

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi
Welcome to this great forum. You will gets lots of input here. I'm not sure why you would be feeling so cold. Are you running a temp or is it just your feet are cold? As the holidays are now over I suggest you get to your Dr or Rep and see what they say. It could be because the lead has migrated, but are you sure it has moved. Have you stopped your meds? Just a few thoughts. But Good luck with it and I hope you get lots if answers soon. :)

Jackie :)

Rrae 01-02-2013 04:49 PM

Hello toesparkle!

Welcome! :hug:

As Jackie said, you've come to a great place for support!
So, you're getting the SCS for your fibromyalgia, right? Was the trial doing a good job of covering your pain before the stimulation changed and went to your feet?
What areas are you targeting to get the stimulation? I know that fibromyalgia can affect the entire body and am wondering if you were getting coverage area-wide.

I sure don't know what could be causing your feet to be so cold.
There are others here who might be able to give you better feedback.

Stick around! We'd love to know how this goes for you.
It's great to have you!

Rae
:grouphug:

toesparkle 01-03-2013 06:37 AM

Thanks for the responses!

I had the lead removed yesterday; it had migrated from T6 to L1. The doc said that the stimulator can cause changes in the body's autonomic responses, and the fact that it had migrated was most likely responsible for the extreme cold.

I'll make sure to talk to the surgeon about it when I go in for my pre-op.

Thanks again!

Mark56 01-06-2013 07:46 PM

Hi Sparkle!!

So glad the migration of the Trial lead was caught and removed!! Surgeon thus apprised of the migrating lead issue should be extra cautious when securing the hardware for your permanent implant.

May all be well with your surgery, recovery, AND the all important result from the implant!!

Prayin,
Mark56:hug:

eva5667faliure 01-08-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackiey (Post 943842)
Hi
Welcome to this great forum. You will gets lots of input here. I'm not sure why you would be feeling so cold. Are you running a temp or is it just your feet are cold? As the holidays are now over I suggest you get to your Dr or Rep and see what they say. It could be because the lead has migrated, but are you sure it has moved. Have you stopped your meds? Just a few thoughts. But Good luck with it and I hope you get lots if answers soon. :)

Jackie :)

agreed
don't wait
you are living in
that body

Helch 01-09-2013 08:36 PM

Fibromyalgia

I did not know that SCS could be used for Fibro! Wow! I really hope it works for you. I am about to have my trial very soon so I will be aware of possible migration causing coldnness. Good Luck to you!

tkayewade 01-09-2013 09:49 PM

I can't believe it migrated that far!! What's that, 7 or 8 spaces?! No wonder it was major. I hope it helps. I will definitely share with my fibro friend. I'm hoping for my cervical trial in the next week or two. I already have a thoracic and it's awesome!! Good luck!!

TK

Spiney95 01-10-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helch (Post 946132)
I did not know that SCS could be used for Fibro! Wow! I really hope it works for you. I am about to have my trial very soon so I will be aware of possible migration causing coldnness. Good Luck to you!

I am two weeks post implant, I, too, was given the impression that the scs was ineffective for Fibro pain. All I can say is that it is gone where the scs covers and I am flaring like crazy above it. Go figure. I chose to hold my breathe and pray that this continues. Best wishes.;)

Spine :D

Mark56 01-12-2013 10:24 AM

TK

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkayewade (Post 946153)
I can't believe it migrated that far!! What's that, 7 or 8 spaces?! No wonder it was major. I hope it helps. I will definitely share with my fibro friend. I'm hoping for my cervical trial in the next week or two. I already have a thoracic and it's awesome!! Good luck!!

TK

May your cervical trial be wondrous! God Bless You!
Mark56:hug: