NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   pain in pecs? (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/182031-pain-pecs.html)

mg neck prob 01-07-2013 01:25 PM

pain in pecs?

I woke up Saturday went to grab a cup of coffee and had horrible pain left side of chest-- pain by pectoral muscle ? It feels very deep like a muscle, could this be I pulled something in sleep ? Esp painfull to take a deep breath. I been having trouble with shoulder and eyetwiching but thats all on my right side this new symptom is on the left. Any thoughts??

Dubious 01-07-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mg neck prob (Post 945323)
I woke up Saturday went to grab a cup of coffee and had horrible pain left side of chest-- pain by pectoral muscle ? It feels very deep like a muscle, could this be I pulled something in sleep ? Esp painfull to take a deep breath. I been having trouble with shoulder and eyetwiching but thats all on my right side this new symptom is on the left. Any thoughts??

If it were me, I would get to urgent care or someplace immediately and rule out cardiac issues....

katmae 01-07-2013 09:34 PM

pain

are you still in pain:eek: because if it has been that way sence saterday you should probably go to the ER this dose not sound right :hug::hug:

glenntaj 01-08-2013 06:36 AM

Also possibly--

--an attack of costochondritis--a not uncommon condition that is often confused with cardiac issues (I've certainly done it):

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/costochondritis

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/costo...article_em.htm

mg neck prob 01-08-2013 10:45 AM

Thanks You all I will see DR if it continues I dont think its my heart ---it feels like a puled muscle and now reading on costochondrtis --seems to fit left side etc....Pain still there today but a but less servere. What a smart group of people we have on the forum . Thanks All-- for taking time to respond!!

katmae 01-08-2013 11:53 AM

DR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mg neck prob (Post 945566)
Thanks You all I will see DR if it continues I dont think its my heart ---it feels like a puled muscle and now reading on costochondrtis --seems to fit left side etc....Pain still there today but a but less servere. What a smart group of people we have on the forum . Thanks All-- for taking time to respond!!

so when are you going to see the doc.it's 4 days now and you are still in pain that is not right:hug:

lal209 01-08-2013 09:38 PM

Hope you are doing better, but do agree with the others that you should get checked out -- chest pain isn't something to fool around with. Another possibility could be stenosis in the T3-6 level. I had on-going chest pain for several months, some started in the back and moved to the front, others started in the front, some felt like heavy squeezing and at other times is was a dull ache. Sometimes it only lasted a few hours and others several days. An MRI of the thoracic spine had found severe stenosis at the T3-4 and T9-10 and moderate stenosis at the T5-6-7. But because the pain also radiated up the neck and jaw at times and continued to get worse, they did a full heart work-up to rule out heart issues and there were none. Epidural and facet injections at the T3-6 levels provided temporary relief, so in Sept I had lamenectomies of the T3-4 and 9-10 with fusion and instrumentation. The chest pain was gone after the surgery, but has recently begun to return some as the numbness from the surgery has finally started wearing off. So it's pretty evident the chest pain is mostly from the spine. I just hope as the healing continues the pain subsides and doesn't return full force.

In the meantime, do see someone. Although it's highly possible it's not heart related, you really don't want to take the chance! Let us know. And best wishes...

mg neck prob 01-09-2013 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=lal209;945791]Hope you are doing better, but do agree with the others that you should get checked out -- chest pain isn't something to fool around with. Another possibility could be stenosis in the T3-6 level. I had on-going chest pain for several months, some started in the back and moved to the front, others started in the front, some felt like heavy squeezing and at other times is was a dull ache. Sometimes it only lasted a few hours and others several days. An MRI of the thoracic spine had found severe stenosis at the T3-4 and T9-10 and moderate stenosis at the T5-6-7. But because the pain also radiated up the neck and jaw at times and continued to get worse, they did a full heart work-up to rule out heart issues and there were none. Epidural and facet injections at the T3-6 levels provided temporary relief, so in Sept I had lamenectomies of the T3-4 and 9-10 with fusion and instrumentation. The chest pain was gone after the surgery, but has recently begun to return some as the numbness from the surgery has finally started wearing off. So it's pretty evident the chest pain is mostly from the spine. I just hope as the healing continues the pain subsides and doesn't return full force.

Wow that's very intresting I never considered thoracic ---oh man-- i hope not I had my fill of spinal surgery ---its much better today but if it come back or continues I will follow up --- Thanks for your response !! --very good to know just in case. :)

forevernana4 01-15-2013 06:23 PM

I'm glad it's doing better.

Twice I've had something called pleurisy...very painful especially when breathing. Dr said it's usually a reaction to viral. the lining of lungs in one small or large area gets dried as a result and instead of sliding gently with movement it grates like sandpaper.

only time and ibuprofen is what works...time being key factor. It runs it's course in a few days.

Just another thought for you. Since you're improving it might fit?

Good luck

forevernana4 01-15-2013 06:34 PM

Sorry. I just read more carefully and it seems you've been dealing with this for about ten days now.

I don't know that pleurisy lasts that long. It might though. Something to read up on and investigate. ;)

Take care.