NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Medical Marijuana (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/182252-medical-marijuana.html)

Leo48092 01-11-2013 12:20 PM

Medical Marijuana

What are your thoughts should I give it a try I know it wont take away the pain but it just might make it a little more bearable thank you

eva5667faliure 01-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo48092 (Post 946590)
What are your thoughts should I give it a try I know it wont take away the pain but it just might make it a little more bearable thank you

hello
it is my personal opinion
it does ease the mind
answer to the question is
yes yes yes any relief welcomed
when in pain 24 hours a day
7 days my concern would be are
you a carrier of the gene of addictive
personality

no substitutes

someone who cares

Rrae 01-12-2013 01:25 PM

If it's available by legal means and ok with Doc, heck why not!

Rae
:grouphug:

Spiney95 01-12-2013 11:16 PM

Just a thought

I have had a few friends who live in "legal" states and have tried it with permission from their pain doc and experienced actual increase with some nerve pains. The doc said that was not uncommon. So much for the magical, mystical silver bullet. :rolleyes:

Jazziecat 01-18-2013 03:07 AM

My intention is to ask my primary care physician to prescribe it for me. Parkinson's Disease is listed as an "allowable" condition. My concern is that I have not smoked cigarettes in 10 years and hope MM will not trigger a craving for smoking again. I'm someone who loved smoking (40 years) and happy to be no longer addicted because of the insane price of cigarettes.

Actually my state voted to legalize marijuana, not just MM. It will be legal to purchase and smoke it here, but not legal if you cross the state's borders.

eva5667faliure 01-19-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazziecat (Post 948497)
My intention is to ask my primary care physician to prescribe it for me. Parkinson's Disease is listed as an "allowable" condition. My concern is that I have not smoked cigarettes in 10 years and hope MM will not trigger a craving for smoking again. I'm someone who loved smoking (40 years) and happy to be no longer addicted because of the insane price of cigarettes.

Actually my state voted to legalize marijuana, not just MM. It will be legal to purchase and smoke it here, but not legal if you cross the state's borders.

dear friend

i a smoker a pack a day over 40 years
gave it up it is over a year now
and smoking MM did not give me the urge to smoke
cancer sticks

1-9-12 one year since my double mastectomy
i wasn't exempt

take good care and do your homework

much care

that someone who cares

Morgan Herritage 01-20-2013 04:47 PM

CBD, another chemical in cannabis, is very good for nerve pain.
But in general, cannabis has many advantages, but everybody handles it differently. I don't have to take benzos or anti-anythings because pot eases my mind. I still take pain meds, but low doses. If the quality of cannabis is good (I live in northern Ca) it makes a difference.

peeper 01-21-2013 06:11 PM

is canabis actualy lagal on script in the us for parkinsons and the like ? wont be long till we get the same hear in the uk
:)

Morgan Herritage 01-25-2013 08:52 PM

Parkinson's would be a perfect candidate. In Ca it is basically what helps the patient. Anxiety, to spark hunger, for pain, PTSD ect. Just as long as the physician agrees and writes the perscription.

Jazziecat 05-05-2013 01:47 AM

I have been using MM about six weeks now. I am happy that it has not triggered a desire to smoke cigarettes again. I'm not sure how it's helped the Parkinson's but some other discomforts such as upper arm pain is greatly reduced.

Since I was not familiar with using marijuana, it took me a little bit to learn how to best use it. I ended up finally with a vaporizer and that did the trick for me.