NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Cerebellar atrophy (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/182303-cerebellar-atrophy.html)

Floyd b 01-12-2013 03:42 PM

Cerebellar atrophy

Hello, I'm checking to see if anyone else had these results from a mri.??
Moderate diffuse atrophy in the cerebellar and cereberum. After reading the results my dr ordered genetic testing for a type of spinocerebellar ataxia.
I've been having unexplained weakness and fatigue in my tongue, jaw and arms.
Any one else have this???

ConsiderThis 01-31-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floyd b (Post 946914)
Moderate diffuse atrophy in the cerebellar and cereberum. After reading the results my dr ordered genetic testing for a type of spinocerebellar ataxia.

Hi, I've never had an MRI, cost prohibitive for me.

But, I have had weakness and fatigue. One doctor diagnosed me as having Fibromyalgia. But, after having B12 replacement therapy my symptoms on the whole went away.

That said, have you checked out symptoms of low vitamin B12?

Vitamins sound so... mundane, as if they would be about as helpful as a glass of water... something almost insignificant.

But, low vitamin B12 affects our blood and nerves in quite serious ways.

Karen

sledet 01-19-2014 06:07 PM

Cerebellum atrophy

My name is Sonia I'm 38 and I have Cerebellum atrophy.I now walk with a walker,my trimmers are under control.But I slur when I talk,cant write and anything I touch with my left hand it shacks bad.My left side is weaker than my right.At first all I did was cry. Now im ok with my sickness.

sledet 01-19-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Thats how mine started.They tried IVIG that didn't work.I took B12 shots for a year and nothing changed.I do MRI's every 6 months.

Olias 09-14-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sledet (Post 1044606)
My name is Sonia I'm 38 and I have Cerebellum atrophy.I now walk with a walker,my trimmers are under control.But I slur when I talk,cant write and anything I touch with my left hand it shacks bad.My left side is weaker than my right.At first all I did was cry. Now im ok with my sickness.

How is your memory?

Kitt 09-15-2014 09:12 AM

Welcome Olias. :Wave-Hello:

isnupi 09-09-2020 04:27 AM

Quote:

Hello, my story is similar to yours; however, my cerebrum is not affected. I've made several genetic tests for the most common ataxias; they didn't provide no clue. The reason remains unknown. Besides ataxia, I've got dysarthria (blurred speech) and a slight dysphagia (problems with saliva, drinking and eating).
The good news are that every symptom may be controlled (to some point). Slowly walking, light or moderate physical exercise, physiotherapy, gentle stimulation of the oro-facial muscles, dietary precautions. All this takes time and money. Before retirement, it was difficult to have the time. As for money, I had to sacrifice entertainment, holiday and travel expenses - for now.
I've been in semi-lockdown for years. The current lockdowns haven't been quite difficult. But, as time goes by, psychological issues are surfacing.
I hope this chat to be useful for everybody. All the best. isnupi