NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   FIL is in heaven (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/182736-fil-heaven.html)

Debbie D 01-21-2013 02:49 PM

FIL is in heaven

FIL passed quietly this morning...had a rough weekend, watching him slip and MIL not understanding why he wouldn't open his eyes and did he love her?

She is confused...we all left the room while they took his body out. When she came back in later, she asked where he went, and was so upset when we told her he was gone. got upset again when they took his WC and hospital bed out. She has asked if he'll come back...then she has moments of lucidity and cries...it's going to be rough...

Erika 01-21-2013 02:53 PM

I'm so sorry Debbie.
This will surely be hard on everyone.

Know that you are all embraced within the kindest of thoughts and prayers :grouphug:.

With love, Erika

SallyC 01-21-2013 03:03 PM

So sorry for your loss Debbie and for all of your FIL's Family.:(

My Bro, his Son and DH probably grabbed him for a golf foursome, as soon as he got to heaven.

I hope you can get through what follows without too much stress and sadness.:hug:

nemsmom 01-21-2013 03:19 PM

I'm so sorry for all of your family. You are all in my prayers.

Kitty 01-21-2013 04:09 PM

:hug: Debbie :hug:

I'm so sorry. Your family is in my prayers.

ANNagain 01-21-2013 04:31 PM

Debbie,

You have been an excellent DIL. Remember to take care of you in the coming days.
ANN

doydie 01-21-2013 04:51 PM

I am so sorry Debb. It is so hard not knowing what is going on. All she knows is that her loved one isn't there, just like a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family:hug:

Debbie D 01-21-2013 11:08 PM

Doydie you hit the ail on the head. My sister in law thought it would be good to move the furniture around once Dad's hospital bed was taken out. Mom took a nap & woke up totally disoriented...and kept talking about it the whole time we visited her this evening.
She will be busy the next few days...then reality will really set in. They were joined at the hip...she misses him SO much already. 69 years of marriage is a long time to get used to a person being around...

Debbie D 01-21-2013 11:11 PM

Oh and thank you all so much for the sentiments. Many of you have experienced this type of thing and know now difficult it can be. MS Sxs are going crazy so I go home & lie back in my chair hoping they calm down...I don't want to end up in the ER...Need to be there for MIL & DH...

Darlene 01-22-2013 01:34 AM

Debbie, sad to see the sadness you are going through at a time like. Yes it is going to be real hard at a time like this, but you and your family have each other to hold onto. My thoughts and prayers are with your family at time like this. :hug: