NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   ~What Do You Think~For Me to Give to Survivors (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/183164-survivors.html)

MiaVita2012 01-29-2013 05:39 PM

~What Do You Think~For Me to Give to Survivors

Ok well I don't know if it is impulse or if it is real...I am 90% it is real feeling...Check it out and please take time to give feedback.:D

I had left the eye doctor today with my notebook with a huge reminder of why I was going besides the follow up....my pupils are not equal and have not been since accident....Why this was not caught from getting checked out at hospital I don't know....That is a whole different story...back to point I get to see opthamologist the end of this week....lol

Any who I'm driving home on back quiet roads that I learned to stick to for anxiety reasons...and I call to check on my family and tell them I am coming back from apt....Just then I had replayed the last week of events and findings in my health(I know I do not suppose to look back)but it was more mental notes of changes to send to my MD's...I have something that I want to do when I get threw rehabilitation....I want to start a non profit organization locally for TBI survivors....I feel that my story is unique like all head injuries and at same time encouraging to survivors and families....What do my other survivors think?
I also live in a military city~I know the military vet's amongst everyone else that suffers from this life changing traumatic event would probably appreciate it greatly....I know I would of...Thank the Higher Power I had this support group and even better at a international aspect ;)))))

I googled immediately when I got in door....Support for TBI in the metro and ~1~came up for my area?!?!:eek:

SmilinEyesMs305 01-31-2013 08:35 AM

Yes!!! That sounds wonderful!!! I live in a big city as well, and there really isn't one close to me. It really far north of the city.

Mark in Idaho 01-31-2013 02:08 PM

Brain injury support groups are fabulous. Finding an entity to sponsor one is important. Getting a meeting place and funds for mailing announcements/meeting dates is needed. www.BIA.org has lists of support groups. Rehabilitation hospitals sometimes have groups or may be willing to support a group.

Our group has two sub-groups. After a presentation from someone in the rehab industry, we split into caregivers/family with a moderator and injured with a moderator. The moderators are social workers/case managers/ or various therapists.

I wish you the best at finding the support you need to start a local group. It does not need to be a complex non-profit. It can just be a not-for-profit association or LLC.

Our group is sponsored by a rehab doctor who donates his "court legal expert" fees to our group.

MiaVita2012 01-31-2013 03:10 PM

Thanks for the support *Smile:D and Mark....I also have a retired NFL player that I am going to reach out to that my friend knows....When I get further along in my full diagnosis because every specialty MD I go to I get more issues...I will start doing my work:grouphug: