NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/183419-new-member.html)

Butterball 02-03-2013 01:36 PM

Joined today. I am a system analyst for an IT company. I fell into this site because I was researching Lidocaine Patches. I had my first appointment with a neurologist and getting all sorts of tests. 2 months ago I fell and could not get up. My muscles in my extremetes were so weak I couldn't pull myself up from the floor. Lasted a week and just suddenly stopped. I've had a CT scan, MRI, blood tests. So far I don't know why or what the cause.:confused:

Rabid Weasel 02-03-2013 09:26 PM

As a fellow new-comer, let me be the first one to offer a hand in friendship.

I'm also a recent inductee to the whole damaged nerves thing. I was hoping by joining up here I would be able to learn some tips, tricks, ect.

(Broken Wings) 02-03-2013 10:05 PM

Welcome to NT

I have used Lidoderm 5% Patches for years. They're great !!!

There's lots of info here. Take your to e and look around.

Let us know if you need help getting around.

Take care...

loretta 02-03-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterball (Post 953785)
Joined today. I am a system analyst for an IT company. I fell into this site because I was researching Lidocaine Patches. I had my first appointment with a neurologist and getting all sorts of tests. 2 months ago I fell and could not get up. My muscles in my extremetes were so weak I couldn't pull myself up from the floor. Lasted a week and just suddenly stopped. I've had a CT scan, MRI, blood tests. So far I don't know why or what the cause.:confused:

Welcome, glad you found this forum too. I'm sure that was very a frightening experience. Because I wasn't diagnosed for 5 years, I have learned that it is a good thing to be our own advocate. Research and listening to ourselves and not ignoring or discounting our symptoms. May I suggest starting a file and keeping a copy for yourself of every blood test and others tests. That way as you research you can compare your results to 'normal' standards.
Some neuro conditions come in 'flares' So the starting and stopping of symptoms can be misleading or confusing. Flares can and often are triggers by stress for many neuro conditions.
There are many forums and many of us just stay with the forums of our particular condition. So don't take it personal if we don't respond, as we may not be on your particular condition forum.
Stay with us and let us know how you are doing and any way in which we can support you. loretta

Darlene 02-04-2013 03:07 AM

Nice to meet you!!

Butterball,

:Wave-Hello: It is great to have you come and be with us. You will fine a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Please keep us up to date on your situation. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Rrae 02-05-2013 03:05 PM

Hi Butterball!

Welcome to NT! :hug:

This is such a wonderful place for support and understanding!
People here really care and the atmosphere is very down-to-earth, kicked back and people are easy to talk to! :)

Make yourself right at home! Just holler if you have any questions or need help in finding your way around!

It's great to have you!

Rae
:grouphug: